Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Ms State fan

Let me start by saying fuck Vandy, and I wanted the two best teams to play for the CWS. I’m reasonably afraid y’all are going to hurt us this Saturday, but I like hearing from the opposition, fire away

Comments

• Welcome. Like Carlos Rodin said, we’re a baseball school.

Fear the Pack9. Not the gridiron.

• For the most part so are we. I was stationed in Nc for a while and always got along better with y’all than anyone else, not that that matters.

• Hogw1ldHogw1ld Posts: 466

Welcome bulldog. I've always thought a lot about you guys. Almost joined the faculty in Starkville in the late 00s.

• RickRick Posts: 3,247PFN Referee

Welcome, I would argue we are a woman's basketball school given it is the only championship we have had recently.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 779

Agreed Rick.

Welcome bulldog85, if your a better DO NOT take the over unders, but without a doubt take your boys to win.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 779

The smart money...obviously should at this point remain to build and maintain women's bball and DRASTICALLY improve our baseball situation.

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

PFN has "made it"! We're attracting opposing fans! Glad to see it appears to be a friendly one! Welcome BullDog... I think the hurting actually may end up on the Pack. Hoping for a good game though.

Does anyone know why MSU started the cowbells?

The only good cowbell is from "Don't fear the reaper"

I have the fever and the only thing that can fix it is more cowbell

• The cowbells supposedly started in like 1900. State was losing to Ole Miss, someone turned a cow out onto the field, not exactly sure how. Bulldogs come back and win the game, after that the students started bringing cowbells to the stadium.

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,305

NC State tried cow bells in the early 1980s. I still have mine.

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,247

Hi Bulldog, welcome. How's it feel to be part of a real football conference? Well I do have an idea since my wife is Bama alum and my son just started there. I think you guys will look like a completely different team this Saturday and will handle the Pack fairly comfortably. We are not meant to beat an SEC team in football, ever.

• This team isn’t the traditional “sec” type team, Mike Leach is a different kind of dude. It remains to be seen if the air raid and throwing 60-70 times a game will work out. Our defense is pretty salty and will hit you, but Ms State isn’t won’t try to line up and overpower anyone on offense.

• As for being in the Sec west , it’s a tough and long season. Can bring in a top 25 recruiting class and still be ranked 7th of 7 in our own division, just the way it is.

Bulldog85, nice of you to drop in to visit our site. According to gopack.com MS State and NC State are 3 and 3 in football. I for one think your team is in for a tough game. Still like NC State. Now, whenever MS State plays unx (UNC) I will be a Bulldog fan. Or when your team plays Alabama. :-)

Although, I like TAMU in your conference.

• Maybe a long wait before we play Unc , had to look it up , won in 1974 lost in 1993. Both were bowl games. A&M should be tough this year, Jimbo has the facilities and the money to build a powerhouse there. I went to Kyle field the first year after the renovation, it’s a monster stadium, think 104k.

• 4in124in12 Posts: 250

The last few years, (IMHO) our defensive secondary has been our Achille's heel. There is talk that the secondary is much improved this year. I'm guessing we'll find out Saturday night.

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 873

Apparently most of MSU's 39 completions against LaTech were completed either behind the LOS or < 10 yds. down the field...our excellent LB's will need to be heavily involved as well...

• The entire concept of Leach’s offense is the mesh, short crossing routes, getting the ball to quickly to guys to make plays. He’d rather throw a 6 yard slant, make a guys miss and run 50 yards than throw a 50 yard go route. Our qb doesn’t have a rocket arm, and the best recievers are smaller shifty guys, so maybe that’s why he doesn’t call the long passes.

• The linebackers will have to play a big role in pass coverage.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404

Or maybe we employ mini Hellfire missiles and pigskin seeking drones to deflect or deflate the oval projectile. Sort of like the Iron Dome or whatever rocket defense used in the Middle East. We DO have tech savvy aspiring Aeronautical Engineers….that would love to write code like in a video game.

instead of having EMS on the sidelines, maybe we need air raid wardens, with bullhorns, shouting INCOMING. That would be fair to be heard over the caliphate of the Cow Bells. LOL!

• Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 1,473

A MSU fan falls through a trap door and finds PFN in the next episode of The Twilight Zone. Wow, how was your journey and Welcome. I only know one MSU grad and she’s hotter than Vegas asphalt. I expect a high scoring affair. The game, not the Alum. Thank you for beating Vandy. I got to go watch Dak now. The last time I saw him live it was raining and the bells were ringing. Cheers!

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,247

This is the type of game where we could score 40+ and lose by one or two touchdowns.