Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2021 College Football Season

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

Nebraska and Illinois officially kick off the 2021 season in 3 days. TurdHeels ranked #10 again in the entire nation to start the season (again)... wasn't that their ranking last year and they eventually fell out? It would be sweet to see a rerun of that episode.

ยซ13456721

Comments

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 1,447

I realize that the holes return many of their starters and the talent keeps rolling into OC cubed, but if memory serves me correctly, they are also losing 2 prolific RBs and their 2 best WRs.

424 of 2,830 rushing yards returning (145 of that is Sam Howell)

1,262 of 3,617 receiving yards returning

I realize the knob slobbering of Sam Howell, but putting the Holes at #10 is applying more emotion than logic.

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,305

I'd say its emotion. Sounds like the voters who put unx have the same logic as Steve Spurrier who gave a vote to Duke every year because they gave him his start.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 779
    edited August 26

Putting the holes at #10 puts them on the highway to playoff land from the start, that's the real juice from the squeeze. Friday night, September 3 just as I sober up from my trip to Raleigh I'll begin again and be the most obnoxious VT Hokie fan on the planet. I may go out to watch just to rile some walmart unx fan up. Only live once right??

• turkeydanceturkeydance Posts: 283

wonder if there is an over-under for college football games cancelled.

not rescheduled. not no-contest. cancelled. across all divisions. any reason.

just wondering.

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,305
    edited August 27

I can see a unx game being canceled to keep them from having a lose against a very good team. (Maybe that's a conspiracy theory on my part.)

There is a way to avoid quarantines. There was a way that would've kept enough baseball players on the field for us to likely have won a national championship.

I said that very loosely, I respect the non political theme. Just sayin before any scathing.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 5,238PFN Referee

It is very difficult to find ANY general college football article on The Athletic without a tongue up Ol' Mack's butthole. He sure knows how to work the media.

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

Season kicks off today.. no good games but we'll at least get a taste!

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 873

I'll watch ANY FB game today! From TOS:

1pm Fox

Nebraska @ Illinois

2pm CBSSN

UCONN @ Fresno State

330pm espn

Hawaii @ UCLA

7pm espn

Alcorn State vs NC Central in Atlanta (MEAC/SWAC Challenge)

930pm BALLY SPORTS AZ

UTEP @ New Mexico State

10pm CBSSN

Southern Utah @ San Jose State

I am looking forward to seeing the flop sweat drip off Chip Kelly's ample bosom.

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,992

Nebraska sent one of their players to Tanner Ingle Football Camp. Turned an interception for Nebraska into a 30 yard penalty and a TD for Illinois.

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 873

Former Pack player Calvin Hart, Jr. with a scoop and score for the Illini...

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,247

Just watched the highlight of the Illinois scoop and score - I thought the name Calvin Hart sounded familiar!

Who has two thumbs (for now, anyway) and ML bet the f/k/a Illini?? ๐Ÿ˜€

edited August 29

Nice! I had a small spot on them at +7. Couldn't help myself even though week #1 CFB always seems like a crap shoot.

edit: BJD, are you still planning on putting a game thread up this week?

That's why you bet the dogs early! Too much weight given to name value/past performance with departed players.

Yes indeed, but thanks for the reminder. I will try to do it tonight, had a vet emergency last night so a little fried (grandson cat is fine, though).

Cat = Fine is all that matters! Sorry for the rough night and appreciate the write up... no hurries :)

Thanks, and I ended up getting inspired to do it immediately. Kept me away from NFL pre-season torment!

Awesome! You are appreciated, sir! I've pinned it but don't have time to read it as I'm headed out the door so have to check it out later.. Thanks again!

How can the #10 team in the nation be losing to an unranked team? This is preposterous.

Come in from mowing the grass and the Dooley Bowl is on. How many first place votes does VT get next week if they can hold on?

I don't know but I guess this means VPI is at least one of the top 9 teams in the nation! Absurdity! I'll tell ya what though if UNC doesn't get it together they may drop to #11 or #12!!!

Heisman favourite (so I've been told by Carolina fans) only got 7 points on the board against an unranked opponent. Very bizarre.

How bout them cheaters!