Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2019 NFL Thread

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,777PFN Referee
Had a Packers fan post this to one of the Bears fans in our Fantasy league.  Savage.

Figured I'd get this going with Panthers kicking off their season today hosting the greatest show on turf and the news that Antonio Brown going to the Patriots.

Is 42 year old Tom Brady going to finish with 5,000 yards and 60 TD passes this season with AB, Josh Gordan, and Edelman (hey and don't forget Jakobi Meyers!)???

Comments

• AB will be gone by week 2, Gordon missed his window by 10 years, and Brady will finally show is age. Watch out for the Jets.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,777PFN Referee
    J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS!  I dunno man.. I feel like they are going to be terrible like the Raiders.  Either way this is the best time of the year!
  • J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS!  I dunno man.. I feel like they are going to be terrible like the Raiders.  Either way this is the best time of the year!
    I hear you - stupid on my part to bet against the Patriots. Not like they haven’t proven everyone wrong the last decade. Jets have potential if Darnold can take the next step which I agree is questionable. But yes - it’s football season and life is grand!!!
  • RickRick Posts: 1,447PFN Referee
    Just when you think the pats cannot be more unlikable
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,288
    Rick said:
    Just when you think the pats cannot be more unlikable
    Yep. 
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,513
    Texans trying to find a team that will take JJ Watt for a sixth round draft pick. 
  • RickRick Posts: 1,447PFN Referee
    Texpack said:
    Texans trying to find a team that will take JJ Watt for a sixth round draft pick. 

Really? Why? Injuries?

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,513
    Rick said:
    Texpack said:

Really? Why? Injuries?

Because Bill O’Brien is an idiot. He traded Clowney for a third round pick and sent two first rounders and a second rounder to Miami for a decent LT and Kenny Stills. At least as for as we know he’s not trying to trade JJ yet. 
    Titans/Browns is a close one now. 

Minnesota torching Atlanta.

Lamar Jackson looks all world vs the Fins. 
    edited September 8
    Dolphins giving up 40+ in the 1st half is funny.  Mahomes looking like last year wasn't a fluke.  That kid is next level.  Getting ready for the Phil Rivers show to start in a bit.
    Brownies drank all the offseason kool aide. 
    Titans are legit, but not that legit!

Thinking about upgrading my sound system in my football watching room to surround sound.. do they broadcast the games with 5.1?  Does it make a difference?
    Dolphins giving up 40+ in the 1st half is funny.  Mahomes looking like last year wasn't a fluke.  That kid is next level.  Getting ready for the Phil Rivers show to start in a bit.
    Yea, not a fluke. He’s for real. 
  • Cam can't connect.
    slow to load, no touch, and late.
    but we already knew that.
    I'm watching Rivers vs. Brissett.. forgot he was Luck's backup.
    edited September 15
    Chargers kicker shaving points or something?

..and are the 49ers actually good this year?
    49ers are getting better, but the Rams will run away with that division. And you still have Seattle who is never an easy out. 
    Buffalo Bills now 2-0. 
    Mahomes already with over 300 yards passing and 4 TDs at the half in Oakland lol. 
    Wulfpack said:
    Mahomes already with over 300 yards passing and 4 TDs at the half in Oakland lol. 
    came here to post the same.. that kid is next level
  • The Bills are the Kings of New York State and it seems the only chance for us to enjoy a winner.  Can’thers and Deadskins are 0-4.
     Buffalo Bills 3-0. 
    nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
  • Don’t harsh my mello on the Bills, that’s all we got.  Besides Frank Gore is giving the bird to Father Time.  14 seasons
    Panthers may have found a QB.