Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Bey Commits to Nova

addiq Bey just verbally committed to Villanova, he tells 247Sports.

Bey, a 6-foot-7 forward out of Washington (D.C.) Sidwell Friends, originally signed with NC State back in November, but on May 16th, Bey asked out of his Letter of Intent.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Four-star-wing-Saddiq-Bey-commits-to-Villanova-119072507/

Comments

• PackFansNationPackFansNation Posts: 412PFN Referee
    That's brutal.  Nova's not a bad place to land though.
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,288
    Uhhh, no. 
  • PackFansNationPackFansNation Posts: 412PFN Referee
    Better than him ending up at an ACC school!
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,042
    Can't blame a kid for wanting to go to the defending champs, particularly given that Nova is also closer to home.  It was pretty clear that he backed out on us not the other way around.  It was likely because he had something better, and that could be viewed as better.  

I see us having many recruiting battles with Nova over the next 5 years.  KK wants to play a very similar system offensively from what I can tell.  I'd be fine with that because I have argued for 10+ years that Jay Wright is what we should be modeling.  We shouldn't be trying to outdo UNC, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Arizona at the "chase the 5 stars athletes" model.
  • BleedRedBleedRed Posts: 92
    Well...at least State won't be starting Abu you know who anymore.