Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Official HATE WEEK Game Thread - 26 Nov 2021 v. the Holes

KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 5,241PFN Referee

Happily for me, the kiddoes were all in town this past weekend (also their mom, who I consider family even post-divorce), so we had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. The NFL even helped by playing lots and lots of terrible games, so I didn't miss anything by paying less-than-half attantion.

This also means I don't have to take a day off my seething hatred this week. And I will keep those hatred fires burning at maximum intensity.

I have everything about those cheating jackasses. I hate how they are coddled and promoted by the pliable, sportsball media. I hate Mack Brown and his "used car saleman" shtick. I hate their dopey QB, and how massively overrated he was heading into the season. I hate the cheap shots they dish out every year, to no punitive action. I hate their puke-inducing uniform colour. I hate even their aluminum fans.

I don't have much hope, as I can see how the stars align for this week's game. But I will watch, seethe, and pray to be proven wrong.

Celebrate the Hate
  1. What do you hate most about U*NC?25 votes
    1. EVERYTHING
      72.00%
    2. no, it had better be EVERYTHING
      28.00%

Comments

• Hogw1ldHogw1ld Posts: 466

Just saw we are a 6.5 favorite. That scares me a lot.

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,247

Why don't we have one of these out there?

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,305

I am sure there are things we do that scare them a lot. We need to be their worst nightmare and then some. Get ahead and keep the foot on the gas. I hope we score 50 plus and keep them under 20 or less.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404

What is even spookier….WFU is only a 4.5 favorite over BC.

Dint even think what I am not supposed to think (Jimmy V’s Black Cow….if you understand….)….not even think what I am not supposed to type….

We will see.

• FriedOkraFriedOkra Posts: 136

I'm not sold on friday night games. It just doesn't feel right. Hopefully it will end with a celebration like it did in Larry F's last year.

• PIRPIR Posts: 163

Saved by PFN again. I knew the time, but assumed the game was Saturday.

Hippo, normally I wouldn't be so petty to point out a typo, but in this case I think you'll agree with the egregiousness: You wrote "I have everything about those cheating jackasses" instead of "I hate..."

• PIRPIR Posts: 163

I was just reflecting on the origin of my UNC hatred yesterday. I did not grow up in a family that cared about college sports. I did not move to North Carolina till high school, so I didn't really have any local allegiences. I knew fans from all sides (mostly light blue and red). If anything, I pulled for Duke in basketball for no other reason than I happened to be watching a Duke-UNC game one day and found myself pulling for them to win which they did. Perhaps deep in my soul there was an ABC sentiment that was awakening.

Fast forward for my freshman year at State. I attended most of the State-Cocks hurricane game and pulled for the home team. I kept up throughout the year and went to games when I could because it was fun. A bunch of us went to the State-USC game in Charlotte (where State lost). I was sad for the loss, but it didn't have deep meaning to me yet.

All that changed the next day. A former friend from high school sent an email to the handful+ of us who went to State. He, like me, was not previously a fan in high school; he like me grew up further north. He, like me, was an infant in fanhood. The email was an extended face-rubbing. It was the most Carolina thing you can imagine. Dripping with arrogance. If plaid were a font, it would have been written in it. And It was like he had been injected with superiority upon admission (wouldn't be surprised). I couldn't imagine what would possess him, but then I realized something we must all realize: (with apologies to The Mandalorian) this is the (Carolina) way. And I've hated it ever since.

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 3,173PFN Referee
    edited November 22

I have hated UNC since a very, very young age and this was someone who was around "both sides" from birth. From the other thread, here's some reasons as to why:

• Cheaters
    • More $$$
    • Holier than though attitudes
    • Media "support"
    • Local law enforcement the other way
    • NCAA looking the other way despite mountains of evidence
    • The Carolina Way
    • North Carolina high school coaches pushing kids their way
    • Nike's most favored nation outside of Oregon
    • BOT representation
    • State political ties

It's all there.

Go State, beat the Holes! And I want a Daily Tar Hole newspaper copy.

Yes, they are elitist, entitled, and have more Walmart fans than all other fanbases combined. And their color is that of a really stupid cartoon I watched as a child. Their argyle pattern on their stupid basketball uniforms is the most tacky sport uniform decision in history. Next to the Ducks neon yellow. Maybe - it's a toss up. In short, they suck.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 5,241PFN Referee

oh wow, that IS bad. But I will have to leave it, so we don't lose the poll. DAMN AND BLAST!! 😂

• In my mind’s eye, it said “hate. I read right through and didn’t realize it until posted above.

It was what I anticipated it to say.

Go Pack!!

• Wow, I read it the same way too! Even when PIR quoted it, I still read it as intended.

edited November 23

Tis in our blood, to hate these folk. No mortal blunder can intervene.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 779

I miss my 20's when a few of us would religiously go to every state game in chapel hill. The amount of shit talking and the language that spewed from my mouth I can't say I'm proud of as there had to be parents with children near by. I like you all detest the school and the athletics. Thanks to the great "Red and White" song both my daughters have been allowed to say Hell ever since they could form a word.

If I ever have a human grandchild (the cat grandson is sitting with me now, so 1-finger typing), I hope to encourage his or her first words to be go to Hell, Carolina

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,992

I remember a Hole fan walking down the hall on the second floor of Owen with her pissy little cheater shirt on. As I passed her I simply said, “You know a decent detergent will get that sh** stain out of your clothes.”

Victory is the floor.

Humiliation is the goal.

• Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 1,473

I enjoyed going to ch back in the day. It was like eating fish in a barrel. Poor girls b——- about how over half of the pee wee hermans were undateable which was actually discussed in Charlotte observer articles.

• Hogw1ldHogw1ld Posts: 466

I had a dog in grad school all the way up through my first two kids being born that I taught to play dead after I said, "would you rather pull for Carolina or would you rather be dead". He was an awesome dog.

GOOD DOG!

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404

Bring him to the same on Friday....we can get you a spot on the NORTH END ZONE and you can demonstrate his wisdom.... All we have a dumb do that retrieves the kicking T's and gets more applause than Boo....

Here’s a quote from Howell and another reason to hate the Holes:

“They’re having a good year so it’d be fun to give them our best shot and see what we got,” Howell said. “ ... We’ll probably be underdogs to a team that we feel like here we should beat every single year.”

I make it a policy to put sportsmanship over game results, but a guy with that sort of attitude deserves to be flattened.

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 1,447

A backhanded compliment from a team that has woefully underperformed this year. Nice!

Also, his second sentence is pure arrogance. Does not talk about just this year, but EVERY year. So yeah, sportsmanship always, but a little extra for him early and often would be well deserved. What a douche!

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,305

Actually, I feel State should always beat unx by plenty of TDs.

• FriedOkraFriedOkra Posts: 136

I was in CH right in the middle of the wine & cheese when Rivers caught a TD. I gave those folks the business the whole game.