Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Oh we have a hoops game today too (Okie State tonight 8pm)

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

Apologies I had no idea there was another game today after just finishing that huge win over Central Connecticut! ๐Ÿ˜‹

I'll put it out there again... if anyone else is willing to put up game threads let me know! The hoops threads I make surely won't be too hard to best!

Game details:

8pm on CBS Sports Network (hey I can actually watch this game it looks like!)

Go Pack!

ยซ134

Comments

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404
    edited November 17

Don’t tempt me….LOL….I think a POLL should be a minimum requirement.

Thanks for the TV info. I checked my Uverse…. Channel 1643. YEP…it be there. NOW, if you are totally addicted, then BC will be at Rhode Island for the BAAAHstan or New England Accent Bowl….6:00 game prior to our Okie State thriller

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,247

What? Does the torture never end? Ok, I'll watch because I'm that sadistic! BTW, remember"Big Country" for Ok St way back in the day? We had this silly nickname for Todd Fuller, "Big City", you know because he's from Charlotte and all...

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 1,350PFN Referee
    edited November 17

While looking at my TV schedule, I found that Santa Clara is playing San Diego tonight on Stadium College Sports Pacific Network. For anyone that still misses the Herbster.

• RickRick Posts: 3,247PFN Referee

I miss Herb like I miss jock itch

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404
    edited November 17

I miss Herbie for his keen wit and sense of humor and quick thinking He was the BO’s spokesperson. We had a 3 OT game. During the presser, he commented that he was so tired, he was going to have a HOGIE before he went to bed. I don’t believe he ate much from the hands that were feeding him. BOJangles.

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,247
    edited November 17

I'll take a Cajun filet biscuit combo with seasoned fries and a free sweet tea over any hoagie, any day!

• FriedOkraFriedOkra Posts: 136

Now let's take down a power 5 school...

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 3,173PFN Referee

I never thought HWSNBN would be the high water mark of our program post V. I don't know which is worse -- that it is true, or that I am admitting it.

Looking at some of the match up elements for tonight you see a potentially interesting game in that both teams:

• Don't shoot all that well
    • Don't shoot from the perimeter well, nor do they get much of their offense from the perimeter as a percentage of points.
    • Try to force turnovers

NC State's advantage is that they don't turn the ball over much, and Oklahoma State does. The Pack's pressure might result in easy buckets, which will be needed because Oklahoma State is clearly better at defense (2nd nationally in defensive efficiency). NC State's offense against Oklahoma State's defense will probably be fairly ugly (offensive).

OSU also gets to the line a lot more, but the Pack's really not fouled much this year. I guess that's the benefit of wide open shots and easy lay ups -- you're not close enough to foul. Can the Pack play an semblance of defense and do so without fouling?

There's a significant difference in height which will be a theme this year. While Oklahoma State "only" has a 6 ft 10 inch center, the shortest player on the roster is 6 ft 2. They go 8 deep (with two guys seeing spot minutes) with a bunch of 6 ft 7/8 guys. Outside of Seabron I expect the Pack to be visually outmatched at virtually every position.

My gut says the Pack gets clocked. The computers like the Cow-pokes by 5.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 5,241PFN Referee

You've seen their orange paddles, so you know they get their jollies from delivering discipline.

• MikePack89MikePack89 Posts: 281

Neither team can shoot..........yet I predict some walk-on from OSU gets hot and has a career game with 8 three's.

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 1,350PFN Referee
    edited November 18

Side Note: 101.5 is blocking their internet stream for the game. It took a few games before someone realized the issue, but they finally did.

Tonight's philosophical conundrum - What if ball DID lie??

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,992

Pete Gillen wooooHoooo!

Was Pete Gillen always this Elmer Fudd-ish?

Pokes look bad so far. We have a chance

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,305

Our first point almost 2 minutes in. None for OK State. Ugh.

OK State cannot shoot.

Well, there goes our clean sheet. Damn!

Smith is OOC a lot of the time

I assume the handful of random folk in the seats are hobos trying to get out of the rain?

First time watching the men play. Would rather watch a pick up game compared to this offense.

Might watch the women more for once.

I'm not really sure that post-season ban was gonna do anything, other than keep the Discipline Daddies out of the CBI. Based on the 9 minutes I've seen them play, that is.

Everytime I see Seabron's hair, I miss Black Sideshow Bob all over again.