Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

College HOOPS 2021-2022 Season

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

Thread for all other college hoops discussion.

Comments

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,990

ACC getting beaten around pretty regularly so far.

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 3,173PFN Referee
    edited November 16

The ACC is on a long and steady decline. Kids of current students will not know it as a dominant basketball league.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404
    edited November 16

Meanwhile, closer to home…

IIRC, Coach K has dealt with the inconveniences of players with DWI many times. WoJo was who came to mind immediately…. It happens….

There has GOT to be a good story as to why these two outstanding and morally incorruptible young men were in Efland early on a Sunday morning. Perhaps they wanted to get a seat at a local church and avoid the lines…

• MikePack89MikePack89 Posts: 281

Somehow last night the walk-on kid driving was suspended. The #1 projected lottery pick, owner of the car in the backseat unable to drive gets to play........

Granted the kid driving (K's grandson) did get the underage DUI. But without knowing the details, I think he probably took the keys from Bandero (which is the right thing to do if someone is too intoxicated to drive) and figured he would get them home safely. While the reality is he was also over the limit (technically anything is over the limit for underage) he was less drunk and the better choice. But we should still see equal punishment.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 779

How on this earth can college basketball refereeing be so horribly bad, wrong, purposeful, unnoticed, and biased. NCAA basketball for this very reason is damn near unwatchable.

Looks like some Patriot league school named after a tube of toothpaste done removed the ORANGE stains from our rival ACC team in upstate NY….

We should target Colgate's coach at our next coaching search......

Watching some of the BS TV venue games, which our ladies are playing in. UConn takes down VCU in the Bad Boys Mower tournament or maybe “series”

I liked it better when the Bad Boys Mower spots were done by Hooters girls with Dolly Parton inspired modifications. I guess that the current state of our society frowns on such, except most of the NFL and the RAP community.

Could not get to sleep after the UNC game. Watched the Zags v Duke fiasco. Mark Few offered to borrow Monica’s knee pads in a tribute to Mikey and what a privilege it was to bow down and kowtow to him. Of course, Jay Bilas will be at every Duke function and report on Mikey’s bowl movements. I MAY Abe biased, but watching the game when the refs would whistle a Zag player for passing gas and the announcers wanted it escalated to a Flagrant 3….or when Duke obviously mugged someone, they would run a slo mo and say that the Zag player should have been called FIRST ….

Here is the Box score,,,,,which was exactly as my gut feel predicted it was when I went to bed…

Zag was whistled 24 times….compared to Duke’s 15. Only 60% more fouls in a very tight game and Zag was short handed the entire first half and had to rotate so much in the second half.

Zag was obviously the better team,,but having 8 on the floor sure helps compared to 5, especially when 3 have whistles…..

Roo: I watched about ten minutes and the Zags looked like the more skilled and better coached team. I went to bed with Duke up about 3.

I expect to see a whole lot of Duke games like that this year. K has to be about a lock to win the ACC this season and possibly be gifted a free trip to the NCAA Finals.

Your prediction is underwhelming. Bet on DUKE….then tell your bookie to let it ride and put all your account, each game, on Duke. Mikey has a good shot at the RING if last night’s fiasco was any indication. Ordinarily it is hard to beat Duke as Mikey IS a good coach and knows how to win and/or adjust. But when the deck is so stacked as this year…..the odds are WAY in his favor. Admittedly, one game, albeit to the number one and well coached and talented Zags, does not a season make….but it does send a message….

Not ONE reporter OR announcer OR color analyst or Studio talking head will dare say or tell what is happening…

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 5,238PFN Referee

oh, no question. ACC hoopsball had already delved into the realm of professional wrestling (ie, pre-determined sports-based "entertainment"), that will no doubt go national.

Which is why I have more respect for how Ol' Roy retired.