Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2021 Women's basketball thread

RickRick Posts: 3,247PFN Referee

Not the best write up as they missed the girls we brought in. SC (who we play early) will be a beast. It is going to be a great season.

Comments

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

Thanks for creating this, Rick. I predict this will be the most successful thread again this year! I got an email that the women's schedule recently came out:

https://gopack.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 1,350PFN Referee

I was curious about where the Women's Pre-Season NIT was being held and found the schedule/locations:

It's not immediately obvious why they're calling this collection of games a "tournament"

This year's boondoggle trip is in the Bahamas where they play UMd and Wash St.

• RickRick Posts: 3,247PFN Referee

Good watch.

BTW Cunane is in my top 5 all time favorite NCSU athletes

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,992

Missing Jada Boyd against USC isn’t good but I think she missed last year as well.

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 873

Virtually everyone returns and we added Hayes and Johnson via transfer in addition to a strong recruiting class...we are loaded, but so are several other highly-ranked schools.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404

And one of Les’ dilemmas last year was getting PT for the non starters. He seems to be painted, even worse, into that same corner. Let’s hope he develops a plan to prevent the 3 losses this year

Wes is also a 7.5 player rotation coach. It’s not natural for him to shuttle players in and out constantly. This will be interesting to see. I wouldn’t dare argue with the results.

That is my biggest concern. Wes has to use his depth this year. He tends to trust just a few girls and not play the others. That will not work this year.

Wes is not afraid

Non-Conference: #1 South Carolina, #4 Maryland, #8 Indiana

Conference: #6 Louisville, #16 FSU, #17 Georgia Tech, #24 Virginia Tech

And I know I am a bit premature with the banner but dagnabit I am excited. I got season tickets with my daughter again.

• PIRPIR Posts: 163

That's a heck of a first game of the season. Hopefully they won't have too many opportunities to beat #1's this year like they did last year (because hopefully they'll beat SC and jump to #1 themselves and stay there), but would be nice to continue last year's trend.

Season tickets are SOLD OUT.

I am not sure that has happened before. People love winners.

Pity it could only garner a 5:00 start midweek. The men open their season the same day and we cannot do both....

GREAT that the Ladies are SOLD OUT of SEASON TICKETS....

Apparently that time was driven by ESPN. Note the game is actually on ESPN, not ESPN 2 or U or the ocho.

edited November 5

Looking forward to tuning in after work on Tuesday.

Reminder: It's game day. Tip of at 5pm.

I'll be at the game. Parking is going to be a nightmare.

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,248

Go ladies! Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it being in the central time zone...

DVR is set

Women lost. Perez played good in first half. JBT played good the whole game. Other than that there was a lot to be desired. They will play better

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,248

Stinks, but it ain't how you start, it's how you finish. No real shame losing to #1 on the first night out. Moore will get them where they need to be.

• I’m excited to see how Hayes, the transfer in from Miss St gels with team. They recruited her hard coming out of high school. I Know her uncle pretty well, a pretty good basketball player in his day, and her mom was also a really good player.

Random takeaways from the game. Watched most of it and listened to the end on way to PNC.

SC had a year to fume and fester over last season’s upset by State. The fact that both teams are returning ALL, I think, their roster plus a stable of prize Phillies recruits made this home game important to SC.

SC AD, Ray Tanner (formerly of State Baseball fame) set a new record for SC HWBBC Dawn Staley’s $$$$$. 7 years and $2,400,000 per year. Let that sink in. We pay HMBBC KK $2,200,000 annually…..and HWBBC Wes More just got a bump to a whopping $750,000 or about ONE THIRD of Staley and Keatts pay. I forget, which State BB Team had a better season last year?

We need to pay Coach Moore a little “MORE” so he can afford Wolfy Gucci loafers…

BACK ON POINT….. Smiley Cunane, as much as we love her, needs to get on track. She got outplayed, by the potential NCAA All American SC star yesterday, but both did not live up to their hype. She gives up some physicality, obviously, but she needs to focus and Coach Moore needs to continue in her development. She has had great games, but the Louisville Amazon shut her down last year, and she bounced back. Pure muscle usually wins out, but smarts and quickness can prevail. Hopefully this will be an eye opener for “Smiles”.

Wes will need to use this loss as a teaching tool…..as well as evaluating his roster mix and PT going forward.

Nothing is ever easy in Reynolds…..ask any State fan…. But the PNC has some demons that have cost us some great players injured in the first game….