Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

No One Does It Like the Bulls? NC State/USF Game Thread (2 Sept 2021, 7:30p, ACCN)

KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 4,773PFN Referee

Remember when we played that Belk Bowl against these bumblefucks, I believe the year after Rivers graduated? That was maybe the most visually unpleasant Wolfpack win I ever saw (thank God I didn't go live like my Dad and little brother). 14-nil, and I am pretty sure one of those scores was special teams.

All anyone ever did, all game long, was punt. It was brutal.

So, naturally we had to get them on the future OOC schedule. And these walking malt liquor ads will be in Carter-Finley this Thursday night. Nice to get a night fixture to start, especially given the whole Heat Death of the Universe thing (which, in North Cakalaky, we always referred to as "August"). As you know, August doesn't really end until 23 September or so. In a good year.

Anyway, I digress, because I really don't have much to say. South Alabama was a more fun opponent, as I could at least speak in Politburo. I'm sure that bit never got old, RIGHT???

But at least I DO still have my subscription to the Athletic. They cover pretty much everybody, and here was their snippet in the 2021 AAC Preview:

11. USF

It’s impossible to grade Jeff Scott’s first season as head coach, given the unique circumstances, but the outlook for 2021 is not encouraging, with four players still battling for the starting QB job and the Bulls adding several wide receivers and cornerbacks transfers to find more speed and talent on the outside. Nonconference games against NC State, Florida and BYU and catching Cincinnati, UCF and SMU in AAC play make for a rough go.

For reference, that is "11 out of 11" - in a conference that includes EZU. I did learn that leaguemates SMU have a running back named Ulysses Bentley IV, which is maybe the coolest name in the history of man. Let's hope he starts a family someday and keeps that lineage going.

Out of 130 D-1A squadrons, that same publication placed NC State 27th. Seems about right to me. Da Bulls? 121st - so one expects an easy win here. But be forewarned, at least two smaller 2021 plankton (#124 Akron and #128 UConn) have beaten our Wolven Sort in fairly recent memory. Or it was 30 years ago. I have a complicated relationship with the space/time continuum.

Anyway, we could use some confidence - and the extra two days of rest - heading into Starkville to face Dread Pirate Mike Leach. Let's not have too much drama this week, eh?

NC State is around -18 with your friendly bookmaker, which is squarely in the "unwagerable" range, subject to wild garbage time fluctuations.

In all seriousness, I am just happy to have football back, and the students to be better able to enjoy gameday.

What Say Yewwwwww?
  1. NC State wins this here fixture by...25 votes
    1. 10-20
      32.00%
    2. 21-30
      40.00%
    3. 30+
        8.00%
    4. the skin of our collective nutsack
      16.00%
    5. an integer :(
        4.00%

Comments

• Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 1,285

I couldn’t risk a marble bag hit so I went with 10-20.

• turkeydanceturkeydance Posts: 258

last team with the ball.

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 818

21-30

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,589

Pack 31

Bulls 17

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,034

Hooray football is back! I expect this to be fairly enjoyable for us wolfpack fans, maybe after a slow first quarter. Expect a 21+ victory. USF is not going to have the horses.

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,514PFN Referee

Great write-up. I have no clue why but for some reason think we are going to do pretty good this year.. thinking before we hit our stride we start this year with a close win.

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 3,032PFN Referee

What a great write up. You’re off to a strong start BJD.

• FriedOkraFriedOkra Posts: 35

Even though USF is down I think we will get a fight from them. Being a state fan I have learned never to overlook any team. They have players that have NIL's with malt liqour?

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 4,773PFN Referee

I was referring to the Billy Dee Williams Colt 45 ad campaign, though I can not find one with "no one does it like the bull"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCfhEh2Tos

Still not as good as this one IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IY536oUtRc

• FriedOkraFriedOkra Posts: 35

Colf 45 and skoal. Sounds like a game plan for me.

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,589
    edited August 31

Hands down the ugliest party in the Owen Underground during my four years on campus was the one featuring Da Buuull. Probably three times the hurl rate of a normal party. I had almost forgotten about it until this thread.

I did help arrange an off-campus (apartment circuit) party with a 40-oz theme. Whether you brought your own beer or used the house stash - you were required to drink a nasty-ass 40 (as determined by me and/or my Chilean drinking buddy) FIRST.

And yes, we policed the hell out of it. I recall my Donks lost to San Diego, which made me drink a little extra. I ended up asleep under the coffee table.

That morning, we had gone to the other A&P (not the Western Blvd one) and bought an entire shopping cart full of 40s. Colt 45, 8-ball, Crazy Horse, etc. And one pack of wintergreen tic-tacs. The cashier got a kick out of it.

The new 40 challenge on today’s campuses is having a bottle duct taped to each hand. You have to finish both before nature calls.

haha I remember scrounging up coins and then walking up to C store to purchase cheapest malt liquor they had

• RickRick Posts: 3,072PFN Referee

Fast,

It is called Edward 40 hands.

Lol, you are right. I forgot about that!

I may or may not have a son in KA. It depends on who is asking and no I never saw it live. It’s an urban legend as far as I know.

• whitefangwhitefang Posts: 197

Malt liquor? LOL. Never know how a PFN conversation is going to devolve… which I appreciate.

As crazy as it sounds, I “graduated” from malt liquor in HS. Remember downing a big bottle (were those 40’s?) of Colt 45 several times between school and practices. Not very smart but did provide for some first class puking between sprints. By the time I got to State at the ripe old age of 17, I had weened onto just plain old beer - fortunately - and the occasional bourbon!

I remember asking one of my African-American hallmates* about Old English (ie, 8-ball). His words - "don't do it, man, you'll piss yourself!"

*dude was always amused and laid back about my silly white boy questions

Guess ya'll couldn't handle the Schaefer's, Carling Black Label, or that special import Pearl!

• RickRick Posts: 3,072PFN Referee

I have never been a beer (or malt liquor) drinker. It has always been bourbon which makes the new trend for bourbon annoying as it has really driven up prices.

• choppack1choppack1 Posts: 2,648

Back when they still had Wolfstock on campus, but during one of the last years, they set a limit of 6 beers per 21 year old. I brought in 6 master cylinders of SML. Good times.

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,076

How about West Campus Jam, Central Campus Craze, and Zoo Day concerts where 18 year olds could drink beer? That occurred during my first two spring semesters at State. I remember a lot of passed out people from the kegs of cheap beer getting massive sunburns.