Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2021 College Football Season

Comments

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,247

It very well could be Wake. Let that one sink in for a minute.

• I hate it too, but I am not ready to concede. They lost at VT and are still looking up. Not sure VT is a better team but...........

• Wake looked really good and we have them in WS this year. Scary.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 5,238PFN Referee

Just PRAY that the Castrated Turkeys somehow finish 7-1

• choppack1choppack1 Posts: 2,727

Just based on appearances thus far. I think Wake looks good. Wake and UNC-Ch chase shown they can play very good football. No one else can say that. Before this week, UVa and Pitt looked pretty good. They can no longer say that.

• WFU is well coached. He has issues keeping coordinators if they succeed, and several have gone on to big promotions. But he doesn't waste time demoting them or finding replacements if they aren't up to par, unlike us.

Yeah we're not beating Wake this season. Heck we can hardly beat them when we have a better team than they do. With luck we can keep it within 2 or 3 scores by the end.

• I love seeing Dabo squirm with that god awful O line.

• FriedOkraFriedOkra Posts: 136

I'm afraid since the media is bashing clemson that they will try to make a statement saturday. The lines was 12 this morning.

Looks like clemson's issues run deeper than the skill players they lost last year. They have proved they can't run the ball- but I have a feeling that will be Dabo's game plan for us.

I feel the same way. This will be a "get right" game for the Clempson offense at our expense. It is a nationally televised game which means we will underperform as usual and Klemp will absolutely make sure they get back in the media's good graces with a dominant performance. Expect another DD post game presser saying how we've got to get better and raise our competition level, goals are still in front of us, blah blah blah.

• HighstickHighstick Posts: 452PFN Referee
    edited September 20

Do you guys find it interesting that both Dabo and Venables have two sons each

playing for Clemson? Is that new way to pay for the coaches kids to pay for tuition?

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 3,173PFN Referee

Call me crazy, but I think the Pack gives Clemson app they can handle. I also think WF beats State, so there is that….

I still think we’re an 8-4 team. The losses look like Clemson, UNC and Wake (after the predictable Miss State bed wetting), but I could also see us beating Clemson and losing to La Tech.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,404

Dumb and DUMBER.

I got a “woe is us” email from Boo about how even retired Bobby Purcell (who is under a consulting contract) helped out at the gate. He did NOT mention ex AC Yow and Hubby volunteering…..she would have voiced an opinion….no doubt.

OK….the NEXT email says NCSU BASKETBALL in the subject. It appears to be a random,y selected survey on FOOTBALL SATISFACTION. Say WHAT? OK….I unload both barrels and also include a bonus of a pound of C4….. I used the comments section to suggest a study of fiasco by the IE/Systems Engineering dept.

Then, later on…OPPS, we want FOOTBALL GAME DAY FEEDBACK. Nothing left to be said. PP on and off the field. Can’t even get out a survey email without a FU…..Maybe they have retained Dr. FU to assist…

I am copying the link…..if it works, express yourselves….. I did.

Good evening

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

Line moved to Clemson -10.. I may lay the chalk pretty heavy.. we're playing at home is only reason to give me pause but I think this turns into a "get right" game for Clemson after last week.

• I got a feedback email, but have yet to open and respond.

Feedback #1 is to repaint the GD numbers in the IPF lot. Went to the FSU game last year, but didn't park in that lot.

This weekend was the first time back tailgating since 2019. At least half of the parking space numbers are unreadable. WTF?!?

People driving around looking, getting out of their cars to read numbers. Come on! That was pitiful.

You saved money and didn't print my tickets (I have saved all tickets, parking passes, and pass out stubs for 20 years). At least repaint the space numbers. Sad!

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 3,173PFN Referee

I’m not wagering on it. That much I can tell you. But my sense is that the Pack can keep it inside of 10 at home.

Hate it for him, but I guess it was no longer worth it. In my book he'll be remembered for helping turn a potential disaster into a decent season in 2020.

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,757PFN Referee

Ahh man in the middle of the season? I don't know his circumstance but hopefully it wasn't a case of just giving up. Always enjoyed singing his name along to the tune of the Batman theme song. "Hockman dah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah HOCKMAN!"

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,992

Are they on scholarship?

Tulsa coach has his son playing there as well.

Roo - I got the same note as well. At this point, it’s sad. I mean, it feels cruel to point out yet another example of shoddy execution of the most basic tasks.

It’s really hard to feel confident in the future when you look at what the department does. You know - the good news is that I am finally ion their radar. I get stuff from ND and Wake because I have purchased tickets from them in the past.

As for Boo, he likes the “woe is me” angle. I don’t know if the life he’s led and his previous gigs have given him an understanding of the job he took. Debbie Yow knew exactly what she was getting into. On the surface, this looks like a great gig - but you are fighting demons you have no clue about unless you have followed us closely in the past 30 years. Yow understood this. I wonder if Boo didn’t and now he feels like the dog who caught the car.

Seems to me Boo was a "safe" choice. Low probability of improving our overall standing in athletics, low probability of screwing it up. Nothing new or innovative in thinking. From my perspective.

Sometimes that person you think has a low probability of not screwing it up can really surprise you.

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,992

Boo was hired because he’s part of the insider class. Our people think this will help with the DSJ lunch money punishment. They’ve already conceded that we’re going to bend over for the NCAA. Boo is simply lube.

Hey I just thought of something. As long as we continue to suck in basketball, the NCAA will not be inclined to punish us as a post season ban would not hurt us. So we shouldn't have anything to worry about!