Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2021 College Football Season

Comments

• Holes...#10...hahahaha!

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 1,098

To be a Heisman candidate you better be on an elite team. Carolina is certainly not that. Howell is a really good QB. So was PR and RW. Actually the latter two are proven commodities at the NFL level, we have no idea what Howell will do in the NFL. But what do they all have in common? They did not play on elite teams in college. I hope all the knuckle heads that voted for UNC as if they were an Alabama or OSU and they just reload after losing lots of NFL talent realize their stupidity now. Also, Pappy Mack's belly expands on a yearly basis. I bet he has to go up a size on the ugly Jordan pullover each year.

As I posted that I realized that DD has seemingly put on a few pounds in the off-season... :/

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 3,625PFN Referee
    edited September 4

How could this be???!!!! One of the best teams in the nation lost to an unranked team.

Deja vu strikes.

It's almost like unc isn't one of the top ten teams in the nation. I am just at a loss for words.

Am I the only one that almost pukes every time I see that hideous argyle pattern on Crapolina's football pants?

• freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 1,967PFN Referee

I think ol whats his name solidified his positioning as a Heisman trophy candidate, and it may be in the toilet.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 4,179

I thought that the laundry mixed up the uni’s snd the heels got,the dookies bottoms

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 1,151

My son said it is a great week when State wins and unx loses in football.

I agree. Hope this trend continues.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 4,931PFN Referee

SLEEP ON, you crazy "giant!"

/still glad I skipped the stress by "napping" from like 5p to 3a.

Bwahaha, Dook got beat by the Charlotte Queens!

• whitefangwhitefang Posts: 214

Best quote I read:

Today is our annual reminder that no one in college football history has won more off-seasons than Mack Brown.

— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) September 4, 2021

whitefan, I just came here to post the same thing. Agreed that quote is spot on!

• phcqmfdphcqmfd Posts: 102

The ole ball coach would disagree. As he said frequently, seem Georgia wins every Feb but then we get to the fall they can't come to Jacksonville and win anything.

• From goheels.com. Some great comedy right there! Obviously they got screwed by the refs and totally were going to comeback and win the game!

13. If you're going to have instant replay, not sure why it wasn't used to review an "interception" in the third quarter that stopped a Carolina drive in Virginia Tech territory. The play was ruled an interception on the field, as the Hokie defense wrestled the ball away from Justin Olson, but repeated looks at the play made it look at best like an incomplete pass, with Tech gaining possession long after both players were on the ground. But it happened in front of a persuasive Hokie sideline, and the play was never reviewed despite the protestations of offensive coordinator Phil Longo. The ACC officiating crew also gifted the Hokies 15 yards on a "late hit" in the fourth quarter and allowed a late borderline interception to stand. The Tar Heels didn't create many breaks...but didn't get many either. But if you go into an ACC road game relying on breaks to win, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Only decent game is the Red Super Spreader event.. WI v PSU. At least it is a game in the fourth. BC should banned for their “male dominance” of Colgate. We know Colgate sucks, BC keep coming back and eventually, when life gets hard, you just have to swallow and move on….

Speaking of the HEELS….lookee what happened. We went to G’boro to pick up GS at bus station (fully armed of course). Passed by an SUV that the paint looked like it was custom blended to be the Hokie maroon. I am NOT exaggerating….there were 6 “magnetic” stickers on the driver’s side and 4 on the rear tailgate. Every imaginable “going to watch….” and lifetime VT Hokies HookUP club member. Had a NC tag. Was on 40 headed, I suspect to WS and 421 to 81.

Fed up UNC dad attacks Virginia Tech student section

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dad-virginia-tech-student-section

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 3,691

La Tech up 21-14 with 3 minutes left in the half

Yikes, I think I would put Da U at #3 in the Coastal, after VT and UNC. Heck, Pitt might be better than Miami. Then again, it's Bama so hard to gauge how good or bad the competition is relative to the rest of college football.

Klem vs UGA, who you got? I'm going with UGA. They're due.

I want UGA, but I usually no get what I want.

Oregon State/Purdue is a cool matchup.

So far, Georga's punter is the player of the game.

And Georgia's defence is making Clemson look bad in the first half so far.