Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2021 NFL Draft

Figured Id start a thread on this. Any NFL fans left out there? Figure there may be some Panthers fans at least. Thoughts on their pick? Me personally I hate it. Not that Horne won't necessarily be a solid player but at #8 I thought picking a "safe" defensive player was probably the worst thing they could do. Was hoping they would trade down and get additional picks but maybe no one was interested.

Comments

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 1,391

I kept up with the first 25 picks or so while making some dinner and pickling some veggies for a Derby party.

I thought there wasn't any real reaches by teams and folks got what they wanted given their position. Not a huge fan of the Panthers pick either, but the value of a quality corner these days is increasing.

As a Steelers fan, I was pleased with the Najee pick. Lord knows we need a decent RB.

On a related note, is anyone else NOT a huge fan of Etienne? Not sure why, but he always seemed like a feast or famine kind of back. Also, read that a ding on him was his workload at Clemson. Backs have a limited life and I think the extra year he stayed at Clemson was a win for the Tigers and a slight loss for him.

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 947
    edited May 1

Najee is a beast. I am with you on Etienne. Personally I think the two UNCheat RBs are better pro prospects. Good to see Alim go in the third round to the Lions. I hope he has a solid career. Hard for me to be excited about the Panthers chances next season. I tend to think they'll be looking for a QB this time next year but who knows. Now the Dolphins on the other hand, they're starting to look exciting.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 4,601PFN Referee

As the resident Donks homer, I am very glad the Black Panthers left Surtain II for us. But Horn v. Surtain could be as much about scheme fit, as anything else.

Naturally, I am beyond irritated with our 2nd round pick. 🤬

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 1,391

KH, irritated because you didn't need a RB, or because of the one you drafted?

One almost never should select a RB that early, ESPECIALLY not forfeiting a 4th round pick to move up 5 slots (when everyone is loading up on OT and edge rushers - both of which we needed).

Selecting a Hole just makes it worse.

Are there any other Wolven Sort to track today, or was McNeil the whole enchilada?

Chuba Hubbard was a great pick, for the Panthers-inclined. Donks could have had him (kept their #4) plus the edge rusher NYG got at #50.

• freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 1,785PFN Referee

Phins win another off season, yeah. The pundits seem to like what the Dolphins did but I will wait till the season. Was hoping for a Rb a little higher in the draft but good ones can be had later.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 3,858

More PROOF that the NCAA and College Football needs to be "DEFUNDED".....

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/qb-trevor-lawrence-signs-36-8m-rookie-contract-with-jags/19758197/