Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2020 NFL Thread

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,765PFN Referee
Well I'll be damned looks like season will actually kick off with Texans at Chiefs tomorrow (9/10 @ 8:20pm).

Phil starting over in a new uniform this year with the Colts.

Here is to hoping we get a full season and that by the time Super Bowl roles around we'll be in the midst of the end of this pandemic!

Comments

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 3,806PFN Referee
    I told y'all, the NFL has the perfect combination of malevolence and competence to pull things off in our strange, COVID/#NuAIDS times.  Something akin to Mussolini making the trains run on time, yada yada.

I am beside myself with excitement.  Real football to beat the few awful minutes I watched of Navy/Stormin' Mormons on Monday...
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,765PFN Referee
    Yeah that college game was kind of depressing without the crowd noise.. I'm guessing NFL won't allow any fans either.  I prefer the "piped in" crowd noise for baseball games and so I think I probably would for NFL as well.
    All my fellow England-based Toffees HATE the piped-in crowd noise, but 100% agreed.  After hearing the "sounds like being played in a loony bin" background of Navy/BYU?  Gimme fake crowd all day long.
    yeah when I watch the baseball games I just totally forget that it's fake crowd noise
    I have stayed with my MLB boycott ever since my #BFIB got struck down with COVID.  I honestly wasn't enjoying much even at the beginning, 60 games is just such a farce.  Baseball fundamentally relies on playing a high number of games.
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 628
    I told my son baseball is just an extended spring training.  Can't say it will even have a 2020 champion no matter what happens.  And, I'm not for the new rules at all.  Some say it is for the better and for a faster played game.  What will get the game over faster would be to stop playing so many commercials between innings.  Baseball isn't a timed game and that is one reason I like it.

Okay, rant is over.
  • one thing that would make the game faster is to call strikes.
    Amen on the rules.  I would rather, say, have ties/draws after 13 or 14 innings then fundamentally change the game after 9.

Remember the genius series "Community" which had the one terrible season (#4) that became known, even on the show itself, as "The Gas Leak Year?"

Well, that's MLB 2020.  Not watching hockey, either, since Canadia is eliminated.
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 1,073
    Is Canada always eliminated when it comes to the NHL?
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 628
    Ties did happen in the past. The games were replayed and the stats counted.
  • Is there a baseball thread where we can talk about the Bills?  I got nothing else, the nameless DC team and the panthers are going to suck even more than usual.
    I have the Bills/Table Dancers' D/ST in my main auction league.  Looking forward to those Jest and LOLfins fixtures to start the season right!
    Is there a baseball thread where we can talk about the Bills?  I got nothing else, the nameless DC team and the panthers are going to suck even more than usual.
    lol after reading through this thread I forgot it was NFL thread myself

Just glad they are planning to do the NFL season in its entirety as well as the playoffs.  IMO this years Superbowl champion should be mostly legit (assuming there isn't a boat load of covid inactives.. I guess we'll see).  I agree that the 2020 MLB WS Champ will have a giant asterisk.. as far as I'm concerned the biggest value of playing the baseball season this year was to bring back some type of normalcy to this year.  I for one wholeheartedly welcomed it.
  • I told my wife that we would go to the Super Bowl last season if the Bills got in.  The SB this year might have 20k fans.  Any guesstimates on the ticket price??  The NFL has to get their money.  It would have to be a wild number on limited supply.
    Really enjoyed the match last night, glad I didn't bet on it!

Holy cats, Edwards-Helaire makes the Chefs a next level of scary.
    edited September 11
    Really enjoyed the match last night, glad I didn't bet on it!

Holy cats, Edwards-Helaire makes the Chefs a next level of scary.
    Yeah and I even had the feeling that offense hasn't even worked all the kinks out yet and  they were still doing whatever the heck they wanted.

Agreed looks like they are going to be scary good.  Do we just go ahead and crown their asses, Dennis Green style? 

I can't wait to watch their matchup with the Ravens a couple Monday's from now.
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 752PFN Referee
    I tuned in during the 2nd qtr.   Glad that I missed the PC discussion/exhibitions before the game started.   

Looking over the schedule, the Seahawks/Rams game at 1pm looks like one of the best matchup for Sunday.

Checking my local schedule, I get Redskins/Eagles, then Bucs/Saints on Fox and Browns/Ravens on CBS.    I'll have to remember to look for a pirate thread on Reddit for the Hawks.

Rivers gets his debut with the Colts against Jaguars at 1pm.
    edited September 12
    I'll have to remember to look for a pirate thread on Reddit for the Hawks.

Reddit banned the NFL Streams subbreddit.. one of the few things that site is useful for... I want to watch Rivers tomorrow so I'll be searching around as well.. will let you know if I find something.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/reddit-nfl-streams-subreddit-free-live-nfl-games/ef4fkaitwso012unj10ymiygm

• PIRPIR Posts: 110
    https://www.vipboxtv.se/ (shhhh, don't tell anyone) 
    I am gonna feast on RedZone channel.  I do think Rivers landed in the absolute best spot possible (OL, a pass-catching Wolven Sort back in Nyheim Hines), maybe he can  squeeze out one last hurrah.
    PIR said:
    Cool I've also got my eye on http://buffstream.live/

They were where most of the reddit links redirected in years past.
    edited September 13
    PIR said:
    This feed didn't work so great me on Sat night for the Clemson game.   It would play for about a minute and then stop.   I had to restart the player and close the popup ad....and it would run for about another minute.   And so on and so on.....
    Links posted here don't seem to be cutting it. :(
  • PIRPIR Posts: 110
    Yeah, it may be a function of when a lot of people are watching a feed it runs slower or inconsistently. And it seems to depend on the source of the feed. MLB ones seem to work well coming from MLB Network and even allow pausing, rewind, fast forward. College feeds were so-so yesterday. I'm watching Redskins-Eagles right now and the non-HQ feeds are doing OK. I guess you get what you pay for.