Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Football Ticket Allocation

Can anyone give any clarity on the ticket process?  So apparently I’ve paid for my season tickets but will not get any tickets but I can buy them thru a lottery process?  It’s been a difficult year!

Comments

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 1,073
    Only briefly looked through the email today.  Seems this season is a one off in terms of priority.

Those who donate their season ticket money get to be first in line for for tickets this fall IF fans are allowed in the stands.
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 752PFN Referee
    edited August 26
    I read the letter from Boo and the thread at PP and it's very confusing.   IIUC, LTR holders are required to buy season tickets plus whatever annual donation is required to the WPC (exact amount depending on level).     So if there are no season tickets to buy, you would think that LTR holders could roll their season ticket money to 2021, make the required annual donation, and then get in line for a single-game(s) of interest to them.   (Note that I'm ignoring the option to turn the season ticket costs into a straight donation.)

I'm sure that 'Roo will visit this thread as soon as he has a handle on his options and has a plan.
    VaWolf, that seems to be the case, just that when it comes to single game tickets purchase, they are in line BEHIND those who donated part of their season ticket purchase money.

That's my interpretation anyway.  Curious if it works the same for each game or there is a rotation to ensure everyone has a shot a tickets.

Sounds as though they'll be calling everyone to sell us on the idea of donating that money, and I expect them to clarify things at that point. Hopefully.
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 863
    Some other schools are allowing season ticket holders to opt in which provides them an opportunity to see where their seats would be located.  If they aren’t satisfied, then they still have the opt out scenarios which is full donation, partial donation partial rollover, full rollover to 2021 or full refund without anyone losing the seat locations they currently own. State seems to have eliminated the opt in decision.
    edited August 26
    VaWolf, that seems to be the case, just that when it comes to single game tickets purchase, they are in line BEHIND those who donated part of their season ticket purchase money.
    I wonder how much you have to donate to move to the front of the line.   Are they ranked by how much of the 2020 ticket cost is donated?

With my expectations for this year's team, I would move everything to 2021 and be grateful that I didn't have to pay to watch this season.
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 437
    I just donated a portion of my ticket payment to Preserve the Pack and will be refunded the rest-don't expect there to be spectator attendance IF games are played at this point...State is sending students home from University housing from now until Sept. 6 (over 1300 positive cases).

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 628
    Glad to see they are getting refunds.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 2,793
    edited August 27

Thank you for your 2020 Football Season Ticket purchase and support of our student-athletes and NC State Athletics. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times as we have continued to plan for the upcoming football season.

With the altered schedule and the anticipated changes to fan attendance and stadium capacity for the 2020 season, we are suspending all football season ticket orders and will be adjusting the ticket options for this season, if fans are permitted to attend games.

As we move forward, we are offering you the following options for the balance of your season ticket payment. The priority response date to complete your questionnaire is Wednesday, September 2. CLICK HERE to select which option you prefer.

• Select Reinvest to donate your ticket and parking payment to Preserve the Pack.

In lieu of a refund for my 2020 NC State Football season tickets, I request to reinvest my payment to be applied as a charitable gift to the NC State University Foundation to benefit the Preserve the Pack fund. This donation will count toward your Wolfpack Club lifetime giving total which may impact the tax-deductibility of the gift. Please consult your tax advisor.The NC State Foundation will send a gift receipt by mail.

• Select Combination to be able to split your balance among multiple options.
    • Select Credit to apply your balance amount to the 2021 football season.
    • Select Refund to be refunded your total balance for the 2020 season. Refunds will take approximately 4-8 weeks to be fully processed.

CLICK HERE to fill out your season ticket questionnaire. If you have any questions or need any assistance, you may reach our office at 919-865-1510 Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm or by emailing TicketOffice@ncsu.edu.

For more information on where everything currently stands for this upcoming season, you may  to visit the 2020 Football FAQ page.

Go Pack!

From BOO to ROO....with a sealed wax NCSU Logo and Gilt Edge note.....do I rank or what???? 

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 437
    I only qualified for an email!
    Roo,

I edited your post to take out the "CLICK HERE" links that looked like that they went to your actual account and then typed in "CLICK HERE" so that your post made sense.  
    Vawolf82 said:
    Roo,

I edited your post to take out the "CLICK HERE" links that looked like that they went to your actual account and then typed in "CLICK HERE" so that your post made sense.  
    Thanks 
    did not see that.  Trust you guys

Did my choice today.  Lost an email, but there was a brief "word from our sponsor" about the stats and such and an expression of "please help.  The percentage of "donations" surprised me.  But, in reflection, not really.

There is a PASSEL of small and not so small and corporate donors who use the tickets for various purposes.  Personal (as in it is my SBA $$), perks to clients, rewards to employees, rewards for lotteries for good employees, etc.  The list is endless.

So the fact that 57% (memory) are donating....is NOT unsurprising as those entities may get a tax benefit.

I WISH I could find it....but it disappeared.

Still, there will be a shortfall, despite the generosity of those loyal folks....
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 2,233PFN Referee
    I thought they closed that little loophole and that businesses can no longer write off tickets.  Is that not the case?
    I see that they are offering fans the opportunity to purchase $40 cutouts to be placed in the stands.

Photo Submission Guidelines

1. NC State-branded attire only. No third-party branding, including on apparel and in photo backgrounds. No attire or other branding of NCAA schools or sports teams other than NC State.
    2. No commercial advertising, including company names, apparel brands, hashtags, social media handles, phone numbers, logos, slogans or other branding.
    3. No political statements, logos, slogans or other political content.
    4. No offensive or negative comments about NC State or other NCAA schools or sports teams.
    5. No lewd, inappropriate or offensive photos.
    6. No arms raised in photos.
    7. This team reserves the right to reject any photo that it determines, in its sole discretion, violates these guidelines or is otherwise offensive, lewd, derogatory, infringing, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate.  The team will not be obligated to provide the purchaser a refund if a submitted photo is rejected for any of these reasons.
    I wonder what exactly they mean by "inappropriate".  
  • RickRick Posts: 2,484PFN Referee
    I see that they are offering fans the opportunity to purchase $40 cutouts to be placed in the stands.

Photo Submission Guidelines

1. NC State-branded attire only. No third-party branding, including on apparel and in photo backgrounds. No attire or other branding of NCAA schools or sports teams other than NC State.
    2. No commercial advertising, including company names, apparel brands, hashtags, social media handles, phone numbers, logos, slogans or other branding.
    3. No political statements, logos, slogans or other political content.
    4. No offensive or negative comments about NC State or other NCAA schools or sports teams.
    5. No lewd, inappropriate or offensive photos.
    6. No arms raised in photos.
    7. This team reserves the right to reject any photo that it determines, in its sole discretion, violates these guidelines or is otherwise offensive, lewd, derogatory, infringing, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate.  The team will not be obligated to provide the purchaser a refund if a submitted photo is rejected for any of these reasons.
    I wonder what exactly they mean by "inappropriate".  

I think they would rate Troll's face as inappropriate...

I kiiid
    Depends on how shifty and picky your account is https://www.fool.com/taxes/2019/01/19/1-charitable-deduction-you-cant-use-anymore.aspx Bottom line. They punished the jocks But as to the tickets, why are businesses donating. Simple. A ticket used for customers or employee rewards is 100% deductible But if the same CEO or owner uses them as a personal Perk, Can’t do thay
  • three things regarding Cut-Outs:

1. #7 was the only "rule" needed. sort of like 12.4A in NASCAR.

2.  "...will not be obligated to provide the purchaser a refund..."

3. details....what/who makes the cut-outs? who installs them?
        who un-installs them? can the buyer get them back? can
        they be re-used for another game? LOTS of protocol questions.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,765PFN Referee
    I think they would rate Troll's face as inappropriate...

they said I can submit a cutout for free due to my intimidation factor :D

We could pool some money and submit a Lee Fowler one?

I would pay for the Lee Fowler one myself