Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

MLB 2020 Thread

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,664PFN Referee
Get this thread going while the season lasts since they are already threatening to cancel the season.

Not a fan of the new rules for this shortened year.  Universal DH.  Extra innings begin with a runner on 2nd base.  7 inning games for double headers?  More than half the league makes the playoffs.  Boooooooooooo.

Vegas likes the Dodgers to win it all in the 2020 Year of the Covid.

Comments

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 529
    Think the Dodgers won it in '81 in a shortened season.
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 529
    Agree with you on the rules. Think they should shorten time between innings to save on time. But that would bite into the bottem line.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 2,687
    Maybe they should do a Bull Durham and the Pitcher has to draw the pitch from a random device. Then they flash the sign or the pitch on the Jumbotron.  The batter wears an earpiece.  The pitch is called to him.  Then 5 seconds later, the Ump’s Beanie lights up.  GREEN flashing and rotating LED.  Then the pitcher is allowed to throw the pitch.... But must do it within 5 seconds...otherwise it is a BALL!

Sheesh.  We need bikini clad bat girls...and if it goes to extra innings, they have to pop their tops.  If it goes past 14, their thongs are next.  

That will get an audience for TV...
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 401
    Think ya got Sturgis from the other thread on the brain...
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 2,687
    At my age....getting such, even on my brain....much less other parts...is a major accomplishment 

• turkeydanceturkeydance Posts: 121
    it's over.