Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Cancel Culture sets aim on the holes

I in know way agree with all this ridiculousness but I do find this amusing.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/15/group-calls-north-carolina-change-tar-heels-mascot

Comments

• PicklePackPicklePack Posts: 19
    Also, if this is too close to being political feel free to shut the thread down.
  • RickRick Posts: 2,358PFN Referee
    I am 100% in lock step on this one. 
  • pakfanistanpakfanistan Posts: 321
    A little research seems to indicate that the term "Tar Heel" did take on prominence during the Civil War.  That's interesting because I always thought it was a revolutionary war thing.

Also, there's no such thing as 'cancel culture'.  The people who use the term 'cancel culture' just call it 'consequences' when they boycott something they disagree with. 
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,664PFN Referee
    Jeep Cherokee.. got to go
    Also, there's no such thing as 'cancel culture'. 

Aunt Jemima disagrees!

I can see this thread getting shut down lol
    I don't see it lasting too long either. But I bet it goes out in a blaze of glory. 
  • pakfanistanpakfanistan Posts: 321

Aunt Jemima disagrees!

Well, you ignored half of the statement, and picked a super racist corporate logo to express your disagreement.  Neat.

Aunt Jemima disagrees!

A quick google search on "Cancel culture" shows "About 1,870,000,000 results (0.40 seconds)"

Hard to argue something doesn't exist if there are that many hits. 

Aunt Jemima disagrees!

Well, you ignored half of the statement, and picked a super racist corporate logo to express your disagreement.  Neat.

You are nothing if not consistent. 
    Your snarky one word "Neat" sentence is duly noted.  What a great tool of persuasion you have in your "pinnacle of morality" arsenal.

Here is some snark for you:

Pakfanistan.  Hmmm, your user name is offensive to ME.  I consider it to be super racist towards struggles of the Afghanistan people.  How do you plan to remedy this for ME and to appease me wholly in your morally superior ways?

So yeah closing this one.. some users (including myself) cannot discuss like adults.
This discussion has been closed.