Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Comments

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 529
    edited July 13
    Good interview.  Two parts that stuck out to me (see below):  1) "fame is fleeting"; and 2) on dwelling on the past, "you learn, you grow, you live".  And the last sentence in the second part below.

. . .

SF: What did you think of “The Last Dance” documentary?

DT: Loved it. The two best players I’ve ever seen play were Michael and Dr. J when he was in the ABA. People didn’t see much of the ABA version of Dr. J, but he was awesome.

I was glad that the young generation got the chance to really see Michael in his prime in that series. Because people forget how good you were. In 1974, we had a great group of guys who did some great things, but a lot of people don’t remember that. Fame is fleeting.

SF: You write about declaring bankruptcy, going to jail, serving multiple stints in rehab and wrecking your knee in a scuffle at the Studio 54 disco in 1983. Where did it start to go wrong?

DT: I don’t really dwell on the past. You learn, you grow, you live.

It took all of that for me to get knocked down on my knees to look up to God. If things hadn’t happened the way they did, I wouldn’t be where I am today spiritually and as a father. My life has changed, and I’ve been able to make a positive impact on other people’s lives with my testimony.

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 670PFN Referee
    edited July 13
    Good interview.   

I never look at the CO or N&O site so I never would have seen it if you hadn't posted the link.  Thanks.
  • WolfWiz11WolfWiz11 Posts: 434
    Legend. Thanks for posting that, great read this morning. 
  • skitchwolfskitchwolf Posts: 38
    What a great man and representative of NC State!  His unfailing positive outlook is something we all should take note of and embrace.  Imagine how much better our country would be if we all learned to (paraphrasing): not dwell on the past . . . learn, grow, and love.