Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

RIP, Wufpacker (Mark in real life)

KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 3,636PFN Referee
One of the best authors during SFN's peak years (and all-around good guy) has unexpectedly passed away.  Natural, non-COVID causes.  The authors of a sportsball humour weblog (Door Flies Open) got an e-mail from the family yesterday.

Apologies for not passing along this sad news earlier, but I have been dealing rather poorly with the disrupted space/time continuum.

Comments

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 2,105PFN Referee
    Wow.  Sad.  RIP.
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 2,236
    RIP, Wufpacker. You will be missed. 
  • RickRick Posts: 2,180PFN Referee
    Well dang. How old was he?
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 1,440
    That’s awful. Sad news. 
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 1,528PFN Referee
    Sorry to hear this my prayers go out for friends and family.
  • wolfpack4everwolfpack4ever Posts: 57
    RIP.
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 3,636PFN Referee
    Dunno.  Young enough to have outlived his mother (who I am praying for), though.
  • WolfWiz11WolfWiz11 Posts: 433
    Awful news. RIP. 
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,578PFN Referee
    That is really sad news.  Hate to hear that, prayers up for the family.
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 2,387
    Sad news. Prayers for his family
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 350
    RIP to a good man and prayers to the family...
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 484
    edited May 22
    I am so sorry to hear this.  I am sorry to his family and those of you who knew him personally along with the rest of us who enjoyed his topics/comments.  Life is beyond too short, a lesson I'm actually starting to learn. As a fellow live and die by the pack guy I hope Wufpacker enjoyed reading all the knowledge, insight and general opinions of those here as I'm sure he did.  I never knew Mark, don't know any of you but regardless of keystrokes this guy has the upmost respect for you all to include Wufpacker.  Rest in peace sir.
  • redwolf87redwolf87 Posts: 14
    edited May 22
    Mark and I were good friends, and really close friends in the mid-90's with some hair-raising stories we could tell.  Lost track through a lot of the 2000's but reconnected and corresponded up until about 3 years ago.  He will be sincerely missed.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,578PFN Referee
    He was instrumental in building pfn by spreading the word in the beginning  stages of the site. I don't think  this  place would have gained traction  and even exist today without him.
  • wolfpackdawgwolfpackdawg Posts: 51
    Very sorry to hear.  RIP Mark.
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 838
    He was instrumental in building pfn by spreading the word in the beginning  stages of the site. I don't think  this  place would have gained traction  and even exist today without him.
    I appreciate the work he did and all of the work all others have done with regard to creating and maintaining this site.  It has been of great.mental value for me.  My wife and kids are thankful
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 1,440
    ^. This.
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 3,636PFN Referee
    yep, was him and Cowdog who dragged me back into the wolven blogosphere
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 417
    Very sad to hear.  Many heartfelt condolences to his family, to all of you PFN family, and to those of you who knew him.
  • PackPACPackPAC Posts: 377
    Prayers for Mark and his family, life is too short.
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 748
    edited May 22
    Prayers for his family.  Parents should never outlive their kids.  I don’t think anyone has ever captured on film what seeing our loved ones again will be like.  Impossible, overwhelming joy.
  • HighstickHighstick Posts: 340PFN Referee
    Sad to hear about this.  I really enjoyed his posts and miss the banter amongst a lot of us who were around when Lee Fowler was inventing the interweb so we could track tail numbers!  I really miss those days!
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 2,505
    What....did HighStick have a typo?  I thought that Al Gore invented the wonderful wideworld of the internet so we could do the Ray Charles bit...

Com'on, bend over ....  let me see you shake a tail feather.

Now you tell me it was Lee?  OMG.  

BTW....Mr Murphy done sold ONE plane and he shut down tracking on his remaining toy....so much for watching our new AD fly around and make deals and influence the arbitration board.

This is certainly NOT MEAN to besmirch the intent of this thread.  Great guy....RIP.

I did reach out to BotB and let him know.  Have not got back any email or text....so don't know....

• So terribly saddened to read this.  Always enjoyed sportstalk and general chat with Wufpacker.
  • HighstickHighstick Posts: 340PFN Referee
    BTW, the "S" in "Highstick" is not capitalized!  I hate to admit but I had to look up Lee Fowler's name when I was posting.