Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

GREAT PRICE - Lenovo Laptop Docking Stations - Factory Surplus/Closeouts

If you have a Lenovo laptop and need a spare power supply, then you can get one as part of a Docking Station Closeout for about HALF the price of the OEM supply.  Or, if you need a docking station but did not want to pay the big bucks...this is a deal.

I ordered a ThinkPad laptop a few years ago through a retired IBM’ers Friends and Family program.  He tried to talk me into a docking station, but it was in the $250 price range.  I now have the need for two screens for some complex financial quarterly statements where it is easier to copy and paste, rather than memorize a number or print it out.  I also helped or played tech support for my Veterans Affairs son’s set up of his PC and work station at home....so I had to get a quick education to help him.

Curiosity....  turns out that Lenovo has done some inventory purging...and I know that drill.  Out for bids and sold for pennies on the dollar. 

Bottom line here are two Amazon links for two different stations.  Mine is the P71 so it needs a god awful big 230 watt supply.  Why...don’t know.  There is another one that covers about 8 X the number of machines.

I will leave the power supply for the docking station next to my easy chair....and keep the other one in the PC bag.

These come in the factory sealed (special Lenovo tape) box.  I set mine up and it worked great.  The only thing that was missing was the “don’t do this” picture.  There are two ports that can not be used concurrently.  That is NOT a problem due to the fact that there are many outputs...DisplayPort, DVI Digital, VGA and HDMI.  Same for most monitors.  I stole my wife’s 24” DVI and had a smaller VGA.  Booted right up and I was good to go.  If you download the users guide, you will see a small picture with the details.

Again, if you need a spare or replacement power supply, this is cheaper...  There MAY be others on closeout also.  EBay has them a bit cheaper, but I think the Amazon price is worth the small amount more.  

Lenovo Thinkpad Workstation Dock 230W US (40A50230US) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019K6ET24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_YqGMEb5YKRY90

Lenovo ThinkPad USA Ultra Dock With 90W 2 Prong AC Adapter (40A20090US, Retail Packaged) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E0E2DIE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_fsGMEbBCY9FEK