Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

NC State Refuses to Roll Over (Yay!)

I just saw this on the N&O website.  I'm not generally a fan of "lawyering up" and believe we are too litigious as a society, but I was pleased to see this:  https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article241888746.html

Comments

• RickRick Posts: 2,180PFN Referee
    Glad to see
    We should have a perpetual middle finger pointed in the NCAA's direction. 
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 350
    Another good read from SI re the above-Carol Cartwright is a real piece of work:' You will agree with our allegations and like it'! Was she on/running the COI when the holes ran over them? Good move to hold out for an appeal if necessary-looks like the COI cannot pound the facts, so they pound the table:

• choppack1choppack1 Posts: 1,440
    One thing is certain - we picked the right time to fight. The NCAA can’t stand on a high horse for a while.
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 484
    I like it, I'm getting my wolpack flag back out.
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 1,528PFN Referee
    I do like the NCSU rejection of the idea the NCAA says you can't appeal. 
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 2,505
    Remembering that UNC told NCAA that they had no jurisdiction or regulations pertaining to GPA enhancing programs.  Supposedly the head of AfroAmerican dept and his grade changing Admin Asst were not in cahoots with athletic dept.   or at least ORW was not on board. Remember that ORW Brought HIS KU academic Advisor.   Then all of a sudden, he resigned. Wonder if there was a NDA signed?  Perhaps with Rams Club and not university 
  • HighstickHighstick Posts: 340PFN Referee
    Wouldn't it be sweet if we could bring down the NCAA and expose all of the backroom deals made at the same time?
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 2,505
    Highstick said:
    Wouldn't it be sweet if we could bring down the NCAA and expose all of the backroom deals made at the same time?
    Yes.....and if you are a nice little person....the tooth fairy will leave you a quarter for your dentures...

There is WAY too much at stake here.  The NCAA has over 1,000,000,000 in RESERVES.....maybe not as much as they had on 1/1/20.  That is ONE BILLION sitting in Fidelity and Vanguard and in bonds and also in CD's and Money Markets.  Most are in equities....as in stock mutual funds.

The nepotism (sports....and some blood) is so heavy there....one would think it as the DOT in a small NC town....where you made campaign pledges to keep your miscreant nephews and BIL and your "unclaimed offsprings" employed.

The number of Jocks and Jockette's and the families and the retired coaches.....the list goes on.  Probably a LOT of ex cheerleaders that were "favorites" or have pictures...

I expect some of our EX leaders (Presidents, VP's, Senators, Representatives, Cabinet Members....etc) that have numerous skeletons in their closets....to be indicted first....

BUT.....who AM I to say.....David brought down the super hero...
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 1,440
    Roo - ‘it’s true. But this time the timing actually works in our favor. The NCAA doesn’t want to fight this battle in a sports vacuum. Like most bullies, they prefer to take your lunch money when only the other dominatable kids are looking.

They don’t want to deal with this until everyone but the other misfits are looking. For once, we responded to the bullying appropriately.