Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Tigers vs. Tigers

Clemson is a very good CFB team-think that LSU is even better-Geaux Tigers by 10 IMO...

Comments

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 453
    don't want to but I agree.  
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,861
    LSU has been on a mission all year. I think they will win in the end. Should be a GREAT game. 
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 2,081
    Geaux Tigers!  
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,082PFN Referee
    My gut says LSU just blasts them.. but I just knew Bama would crush Clemson last season and it was quite the opposite... Vegas thinks LSU by 5.  At the end of the day I'm hoping for a entertaining game.
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 3,301PFN Referee
    Geaux yaller kitties!!!  I have softened in my Son de Clem distaste, but Orgeron is 1B to Mike Leach's 1A on my favourite coaches list.

He's just such a righteous dude.
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,607PFN Referee
    I think LSU by 13.  This is effectively a home game.
  • I’ve got Clemson in a close one, possibly taking lead on final drive. 31-28 or 38-35, something like that. I just have a feeling Venables will have their D ready to slow them down - just enough. That said I hope I’m wrong and LSU pounds them into the ground.
    edited January 13
    Ehh... I have no love lost for the SEC in any way.  I would prefer to see Clemson win.  If they're going to destroy every ACC squad, then they may as well win on the big stage as well.  

I felt the same way about FSU in the 1990s.

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 457PFN Referee
    Lots of choices on what to listen to.

ACCN pairs Clemson radio with the broadcast

ESPNU has something called "Coach's Film Room" - "Follow every play of LSU-Clemson through the minds of those who live and breathe the game every day."

ESPN2 has the "Field Pass" - "Adam Amin and Steve Levy provide commentary while roaming the sidelines of the Superdome. Multiple guests join Amin and Levy throughout the telecast, including college football analysts Pat McAfee and Dan Orlovsky."

ESPNCL has "Sounds of the Game" - "Viewers will imagine themselves inside the Superdome, as the game presentation will feature all the natural audio from the stadium, including the band performances."
    It's been 30-35 years or so, but my grandparents used to have one of the early satellite setups. That ESPNCL feed was how the games used to come in.  There were no commercials, no announcers, etc..  Just the game feed and audio + whatever graphics were overlaid (like the score).  When they went to commercial, you'd just have the camera panning around the stadium and whatever the background audio was.

High def looks better, and all the camera angles now are definitely cool, but that was my favorite way to watch a game.
  • I hate Clemson with the heat of 1000 sun's.  Living in Greenville will do that to a person. It's one of the reasons I will move when I retire.  That said, Dabo has a horseshoe up his ass so they will probably win just to spite me.
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 884
    dawg - I think that level of success for us would likely make Wolfpackers unbearable as well. Futility breeds humility.
  • I think Clemson and Dabo figure something out and win in a close one.  
    It can definitely happen. I was talking to some LSU fans last week. They were talking about how LSU was and how they didn’t think Clemson had a chance.

I asked them if they thought Clemson would blow out Alabama last year. The reaction is always priceless. It pays to have some recall.
  • That's my exact thought, Chop.

Dabo and Saban have oodles of talent AND can out coach each other with the difficult calls.  Less pressure to make the tough call when it is not your first title
  • I hate Clemson with the heat of 1000 sun's.  Living in Greenville will do that to a person. It's one of the reasons I will move when I retire.  That said, Dabo has a horseshoe up his ass so they will probably win just to spite me.

1000 times yes!!! I have lived your pain!!
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 1,369PFN Referee
    Go Clemson!
    Clemson should run the ball...a lot.
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,861
    Two very evenly matched teams. Lawrence needs to be careful running with it. 
    sunshine sells every play. Attention to detail.
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 666
    The Clemson cramp
    Didn’t pay off, td
  • Good to a (former) NC State football player scoring in a Championship game. 😉
    Clemson secondary can’t cover and the missed tackles are glaring.
    #8 is getting abused everywhere