Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

HFBC DD ADDS VT DL COACH, CHARLEY WILES, TO STAFF. GOOD OR BAD? (Rhetorical of course)

I just saw this and was surprised that there was not a thread.

Troll, If I missed a post and it was elsewhere, please delete and put the link there.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/d-line-coach-moves-from-va-tech-to-nc-state/18876545/

Comments

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 370
    Looks like an EXCELLENT hire-for coaching and recruiting...
  • I like this hire. 
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 2,143PFN Referee
    This was rumored on some other sites for a couple of weeks now. I'm glad we got it done.  I think Wiles is the most promising hire made on the defensive side of the ball.  Hopefully we'll see a much more aggressive scheme this coming year.

I was pretty surprised that Justin Fuentes let Wiles go (fired him). I'm not sure whether Fuentes is ultimately going to work out.  This will be his first year at VT without "protection" from the Bud Foster defenses.
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 2,243
    I saw where Fuente might be a target for Baylor. 
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 3,645PFN Referee
    I like this much, much better than OC hire
    BJD: Me too.  This is the best of the coaches we've hired.
  • Me likey
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 765
    UGA got the wfu quarterback 
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 2,243
    And should be the starter. Watch out - he can play. 
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 765
    Wulfpack, There’s a riveting argument on the other site on whether this qb is sec material.  It’s ridiculous.  I’m hoping one of the above coaches can reel in a similar talent grad transfer.  Wiles seems to have been credited with pulling in a solid playcaller recruit while at VT.
    Wulfpack said:
    And should be the starter. Watch out - he can play. 
    He didn’t grad transfer there to sit in the bench.  He’ll start the season as the starter.
  • UGA has UF breathing down their neck... I’m sure Kirby was thinking they had to get some insurance at QB with Fromm headed to the NFL. Nice move but... Go Gators!!!
  • UGA has UF breathing down their neck... I’m sure Kirby was thinking they had to get some insurance at QB with Fromm headed to the NFL. Nice move but... Go Gators!!!
    Not worried about Humpback Dan 😂
  • Dawg - his proper name is “cousin Eddie” from Christmas Vacation! 😀
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 2,459
    When they talked about Dan Mullen’s most dynamic offense ever at MSU , I was reminded that Hillary Clinton had a sexiest photo shoot.