Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

How you can support PFN - Hosting costs came due!

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,012PFN Referee
edited January 2 in Wolfpack Sports
Amazingly PFN is approaching its two year anniversary and the plan hosting this site was set to expire in less than a month (Feb 1st).  I went ahead and have renewed the site for another two years at a pretty decent cost of only $191.76.  For transparency sake, the Amazon link on the left side of the page (not shown on Mobile) generated $76.24 for the full 2019 year which awesomely is a pace that covers nearly 80% of hosting costs per year.

I just want to thank you fellas for remembering to use that link for your amazon purchases and also as a friendly reminder to continue using it as it certainly helps support PFN!  Also if you'd like to help out by sending a contribution directly feel free to reach out to me directly at admin@packfansnation.com.

Below are a couple PFN affiliate links that if used to buy anything will also help support PFN.  Appreciate you guys and Happy New Years!
Happy New Year and thanks for everyone's contributions around here!

Comments

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,890
    I was logging in to use the Amazon link when I saw this. Are you telling me I didn’t by enough crap to keep the site running by myself?
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,012PFN Referee
    thanks for the support, Tex!
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,912
    Troll,

Can you elaborate on the Amazon Link.  If we use the link on the left side....that takes us to Amazon.  Then if we shop and select our merchandise via the link, you get some "click cents".  I would assume that includes ALL Amazon stuff....not just the "Sports Stuff" that we see....

The Amazon Prime benefits and the 5% rebate on my Amazon card are NOT impacted.

IS THAT CORRECT?

OK....next question.  IF I already have something in my cart, do you get credit for the purchase even though I did not do my "selection and shopping" from the link.

You probably explained this before and I apologize for not paying more attention.

Thanks....
    edited January 3
    Roo, so basically using the Amazon link means PFN gets 4% of anything you buy, not just the sports stuff.  So if you click the link and search for Christmas lights on Amazon and spend $100 on those lights then PFN would get $4.  All rebates, prime benefits, and amazon prices remain the same to you.  As to your next question, I'm not sure if items already in the cart qualify.

By the way I think technically I'm bending (breaking?) the rules of their affiliate program by providing one link to one product and flat out asking users to use that to make their Amazon purchases.. the preferred way is to push individual products which #1 I don't have the time for and #2 I have zero desire to turn PFN into that.

No worries though, PFN is going to remain ad free because as a user of PFN forums myself they would drive me nuts!
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,912
    THANKS.....You are now my gateway....

4% seems like a pretty good commission or "clicker kicker".  If I had been doing this last year, you would be making a profit.

Will try to be more diligent.  However, if the ALREADY in Cart Items don't qualify....then the pickin' will be less.

Nice!  Appreciate it, Roo!
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 379PFN Referee
    How did I not know this?    I'm glad you took the time to remind everyone (and inform me).
  • PIRPIR Posts: 89
    Troll,

Can you elaborate on the Amazon Link.  If we use the link on the left side....that takes us to Amazon.  Then if we shop and select our merchandise via the link, you get some "click cents".  I would assume that includes ALL Amazon stuff....not just the "Sports Stuff" that we see....

The Amazon Prime benefits and the 5% rebate on my Amazon card are NOT impacted.

IS THAT CORRECT?

OK....next question.  IF I already have something in my cart, do you get credit for the purchase even though I did not do my "selection and shopping" from the link.

You probably explained this before and I apologize for not paying more attention.

Thanks....
    I’m 99% that as long as you click the link before you buy, it still works. You don’t have to click before you actually start shopping.