Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

State vs Appy State hoops game thread

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 2,012PFN Referee
Apologies in advance if we lose!  When I've made our game threads this year that seems to happen.. :neutral:

That said I'm glad we get to catch these guys in hoops rather than football this year.

Hope you all are enjoying this Christmas and time with your families.

Comments

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,913
    I chose Christmas and Family.  In Asheville with my kids and GK and we wil spend time together at Biltmore tonight and a fun “road trip” home tomorrow.  Sold a State fan my Happy Appy tickets, so we will be heard...from afar.

Troll, if we lose....then there MIGHT be a poll and you would not like, I predict, the outcome.  Everyone cheer hard to keep Troll in good standing..
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 3,030PFN Referee
    We'll handle these, no question.  Your jinx status is safe!
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,890
    Go Pack!  Need to see Hellems continue the positive trend 
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,423PFN Referee
    Apologies for not getting a game thread up.  The holidays....

Kenpom likes State by 13 with an 89% chance of winning.  

We know what State’s got, but here’s some quick hitters on App:
    - They have 4 guys that play 30+ minutes.  They’ll play 4 more.
    - Their best player is 6 ft 2 junior Ben Forrest.  He went for 27 against Michigan, 32 against S Alabama, 25 against Troy and Montana State.  UNCG held him to 6 and Charlotte held him to 3, so he is a bit hot and cold.
    - They don’t shoot the three or FTs well, and don’t offensive rebound well.  As a result they have the 208th ranked offense nationally.
    - The pro for App is that they don’t foul much.  Defensively they’re ranked about like the Pack, but the Mountaineers seem to play more passively, pack it in, and keep things in front of them from the inside out.  The con of that is they don’t guard the 3 well, and opponents end up with a large percentage of shots made that are paired with assists.
    - State and App have played one common opponent — UNCG in Greensboro.  App lost by 14 in a very low scoring affair (55-41).

• Both M and W basketball games today.  Didnt see anyone talking about the two NC State BBall recruits that have been showing out at the John Wall Classic.  If you missed the highlights check them out here.  We are going to be good next year if we cant keep the core that we have right now from transfering.  Check them out #1 & #5 in white.  
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,423PFN Referee
    And Farrar is considered by some insiders to be a bit of a project.  I will take a project that can score like that any day.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,913
    ryebread said:
    Apologies for not getting a game thread up.  The holidays....

Kenpom likes State by 13 with an 89% chance of winning.  

We know what State’s got, but here’s some quick hitters on App:
    - They have 4 guys that play 30+ minutes.  They’ll play 4 more.
    - Their best player is 6 ft 2 junior Ben Forrest.  He went for 27 against Michigan, 32 against S Alabama, 25 against Troy and Montana State.  UNCG held him to 6 and Charlotte held him to 3, so he is a bit hot and cold.
    - They don’t shoot the three or FTs well, and don’t offensive rebound well.  As a result they have the 208th ranked offense nationally.
    - The pro for App is that they don’t foul much.  Defensively they’re ranked about like the Pack, but the Mountaineers seem to play more passively, pack it in, and keep things in front of them from the inside out.  The con of that is they don’t guard the 3 well, and opponents end up with a large percentage of shots made that are paired with assists.
    - State and App have played one common opponent — UNCG in Greensboro.  App lost by 14 in a very low scoring affair (55-41).

Thanks for the summary and leadin.  On I40.  Daughter driving like she has Dale Earnhardt and Mario Andretti DNA....wife says not to worry....that I taught her.

will make it home for 2nd half
  • Can’t kill the bunny
    Bryce out with a concussion 
  • More crappy play
    We are getting outworked
    We are so careless with the ball
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 379PFN Referee
    get home just in time to see Appy score 5 unanswered.
    I’m not sure we can win 8 conference games. We still aren’t in synch.  
    Our half court d has picked up over the last minute or two. Gets us up by nine at the half 
  • Same stupid mistakes every game, alley oop turnovers, MJ leaving his feet, MJ wild 1 handed passes, 3-14 3 pointers, 4 defenders getting slashed by one guy
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 379PFN Referee
    We are going to be good next year 

Damn!  Never heard that before!   (PS - color me skeptical)
  • Daniels has "jimmy legs".
  • RickRick Posts: 1,766PFN Referee
    I turn it on to see one guy dribble through three players as they keep reaching to try for a deal.
    Ugh bad defense
  • RickRick Posts: 1,766PFN Referee
    Beverly is completely useless when his three isn't falling
  • Manny is the man
    Rick said:
    Beverly is completely useless when his three isn't falling
    Beverly has been a real pest in the half court defense. He’s generated a lot of loose balls for us today. 
  • That was a BS flagrant.  I guess basketball is no longer a contact sport.
    Total BS on the F1 call on Bates the offensive player was OOC so Bates gets an F1. You’ve got to let them play ball
  • Do we expect anything different from Jamie Luckie?