Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

College Football Coaches

I know this thread will likely go into another direction.  But didn't want to bury the lead:

The Hat goes to Texas!  (His son also goes to Texas.)

Comments

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,708
    This is a year old. The Hat definitely won’t be back in Austin next year though    
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,571
    Schiano will be returning to Rutgers after they finally reach an agreement. 

Mizzou fired Odom yesterday. 

Arkansas and Florida State already open. 

Many more to come...
  • https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/odom-s-out-missouri-fires-barry-odom-after-four-years/article_e46766f0-61eb-5f2b-9541-89b0e7620653.html 

"As a program, we had tremendous momentum coming into the 2019 season with the opening of the new south end zone facility as well as other strategic investments in our football program," Sterk said. "However, we lost a great deal of that energy during the last half of the season. This decision was difficult to make but was necessary”
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 354
    What NC high school coach did good this year?  Not looking for a coach of the year type guy, not one nominated to coach the Shrine bowl..you know, a good 2A coach that made the playoffs.  That's about our level of hire...get to searching Boo.
    Charlie Strong out at USF following 4-8 season. 
    edited December 1
    BC fires Addazio after 7 seasons. 
  • Hmmm. For comparison, Addazio was 44-44 overall and 22-34 ACC at BC. So one more ACC win than DD over the same period. DD has a few more non-conference wins but we all know there aren’t really any “wow” type wins there.
    Ole Miss fires Luke. 
  • MikePack89MikePack89 Posts: 117
    Hmmm. For comparison, Addazio was 44-44 overall and 22-34 ACC at BC. So one more ACC win than DD over the same period. DD has a few more non-conference wins but we all know there aren’t really any “wow” type wins there.
    While he never won more than 7 games in a season he inherited a dumpster fire and was bowl eligible 6 out 7 years.

how can the lunatics fire a coach who takes the team to postseason like that?  

Note - that was sarcasm alert for many who will recognize the reference
    Petersen stepping into an advisory role at UW. Position being filled internally. 
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 132
    Texpack said:
    This is a year old. The Hat definitely won’t be back in Austin next year though    

Thanks Tex.  I missed that.
    Arkansas met with Lane Kiffin. 
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,818PFN Referee
    Lane Kiffin is basically Football Gottfried
  • JpageJpage Posts: 51
    F—k Lane Kiffin, he’s been on more teams than u would see all day on a Saturday
  • Similarly, Gottfried might have been on more women that I would see on a typical Saturday. 😬

I guess KH was spot on with his comparison.
    Gottfried could have played corner and def. back, he would have been all over those guys !!
  • Yeah, he'd have been all hands, but he'd never "look back".  
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 338PFN Referee
    I wasn't expecting 6 blowouts tonight,
    GSO. yep !!
    James Franklin gets extension at Penn State
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,798
    Wulfpack said:
    James Franklin gets extension at Penn State
    There's a big surprise.  Boy sure has done well.  I understand Debbie's reluctance to interview and hire him, like she did to replace the Fridge at MD, but think of the possibilities....

Oh Well....WUNY....Sis Boom BAHHHHHHH   HUMBUGGGGG>>>>>!
    Ole Miss gets Kiffin. Another one down.