Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Dabo Rants

Dabo rants about ante Clemson bias:

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, whose Tigers extended their winning streak to 27 straight games with a 38-3 rout of in-state rival South Carolina, suggested in one of his vintage rants that his team is being unfairly held by some to a different standard in the College Football Playoff race.

His voice dripping with emotion, Swinney said Saturday's win was huge from a national standpoint because "Obviously, if we lose this game, they are going to kick us out. They don't want us there anyway. We'd drop to 20 [had Clemson lost to South Carolina]. Georgia loses to this very same team, and it's, 'How do we keep Georgia in?'

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28196686/dabo-swinney-says-clemson-held-different-standard-cfp-voters

Comments

• Every time Dooby opens his mouth I hate him all the more
  • Also I hope Georgia beats LSU in the SEC championship, gets into the playoff, and beats Clemson’s ass
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,571
    The league flat out blows, and Clemson may be paying the price for that. Just look at the results today:

Georgia 52, GT 7
    Kentucky 45, Louisville 13
    Florida 26, FSU 7 (in progress)

Clemson is it in the ACC. I think they’d be fine against Georgia and Ohio State. LSU may be a tall order as they look destined to me. 
  • I see it the same way, Wulfpack. Toss up between LSU, OSU, Clemson. I can see any of those three winning it all. But I also agree about LSU, they seem to be a team of destiny so I’d give them the nod.
  • Dabo is dead on right. GA sitting ahead of Bama prior to today is absurd. I married into an SEC family and hear all the talk. Clemson toasted a supposed unbeatable Bama team last year. LSU will be a tough out, but Clemson can beat them. I don’t buy the OSU hype. When is the last time a big 10 school didn’t get embarrassed in a final? Or semi? I’d have LSU at 1 and Clemson at 2. Screw the buckeyes 
    He does have a point with Georgia. They lost to a team Clemson just demolished. It’s just the same old SEC bias. The thing is, Dabo owns the SEC. 
  • Yes Dabo owns the SEC, currently. He’s 2-2 against only Alabama in the postseason. He’s not had the pleasure of playing several of them during the same season - regular season, that is. We’ll see how he does against LSU if they have a chance to play each other, and I hope they do.
  • I used to live in SC...got so tired of hearing all the Dabo love and Clemson nonsense. I would love to see them get jacked in the playoffs. 
    Saban is complaining about a couple of calls in his loss to Auburn. I’m sorry, but I am just not sympathetic. 
  • Yes Dabo owns the SEC, currently. He’s 2-2 against only Alabama in the postseason.
    Just off the top of my head, Clemson has early season conference wins versus Georgia and Texas A&M in the last 5-6 years, maybe more.  In Watson’s final season, the ACC was every bit as good top to bottom as the the SEC. Dabo is playing to the fan base and motivating his players but they’ve not exactly avoided scheduling tough opponents from the SEC. LSU is impressive but I look forward to seeing how that defense fairs against Clemson. It will be atravesty if Ohio St walks into the final after playing a weak #4 seed. I hope LSU leapfrogs Ohio St after the conference championship and Clemson stomps the buckeyes on the way to an all Tiger final
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,818PFN Referee
    Let tOSU play Utah, and LSU/Clem.  That would give me the Utah/LSU final I want!
  • Dabo is 14-5 vs SEC all-time. Just tired of the “it’s us against the world” and “they’re all out to get us” routine, it just comes across as childish to me. But it fits Blabo well and I’m sure his kids buy into that sort of mindless crap and play harder than they normally would otherwise. It’s clear he knows how to coach and motivate college players in today’s world, gotta give him that.
  • I guess he’s 15-5 now after beating SC.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,798
    Dabo needs anger management and counseling.  He needs to quit watching ORW clips on how to be folksy.  He went ballistic on the opening drive where USC had the audacity to hold the TIGS for 3 straight goal line attempts.  He focus group’s said it was OK to chew out a subordinate but now some kid in uniform.  He was livid.  TV cut that out.  USC DID hold and got ball on downs....
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 1,093PFN Referee
    NFL uses us against the world for motivation too i doubt they are the only ones who do.
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 354
    I like Dabo, I like winners so why in the hell did I wake up pissed this morning?  Oh yeah, turns out I'm loyal to losers.  What time does our basketball team lose to Wisconsin???  That's next.  
  • NFL uses us against the world for motivation too i doubt they are the only ones who do.
    It definitely works on occasion. Auburn used it all the way to a NC in 2010.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,918PFN Referee
    If Dabo coached here at NC State we would LOVE him.
    Of course we would.  He'd still be an asshole, but OUR asshole.  :smiley:
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 354
    If Dabo coached here at NC State we would LOVE him.
    EXXXXXAAAAACCCCCTTTTTLLLLLYYYYY
    Thank you Troll
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 786
    Dabo needs anger management and counseling.  He needs to quit watching ORW clips on how to be folksy.  He went ballistic on the opening drive where USC had the audacity to hold the TIGS for 3 straight goal line attempts.  He focus group’s said it was OK to chew out a subordinate but now some kid in uniform.  He was livid.  TV cut that out.  USC DID hold and got ball on downs....
    Agreed. If he is going to carry the cross- and I am all about that - he needs to acknowledge his actions are sinful. The messiah got really, really angry one time...and it wasn’t because his punter went rogue.
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,273PFN Referee
    Dabo is about as trustworthy as a used car salesmen, as loyal as a mercenary, and as pure of heart as a Playboy bunny.  The man can coach football.  As a parent or alum you know what you’ve got.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,798
    ryebread said:
    Dabo is about as trustworthy as a used car salesmen, as loyal as a mercenary, and as pure of heart as a Playboy bunny.  The man can coach football.  As a parent or alum you know what you’ve got.
    And the winner of the best 3 phrase comparison of the day is....Envelope PLEASE.

RYEBREAD.....  totally agree....
    And as transparent as many of us more detached, cynical folks find these little motivational games?  They must work.
  • 44rules44rules Posts: 345
    ryebread said:
    And a helluva coach who I would take over DD starting manana ...