Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Western Carolina GAME thread

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
Until I hear from CD I'll go ahead and put this up.  (Hope all is well, bud!)

Western Carolina got their asses kicked by the Mercer Bears yesterday.  Going off that result and the eye test of the Pack against ECU this *should* be a tune up game on our way to 2-0 this week.

Comments

• TheCowdogTheCowdog Posts: 144PFN Referee
    All is well, AT. Retired, but busier  than a three legged Billy goat at an ass kickin' contest.

You got bus from here.
  • YogiNCYogiNC Posts: 449
    I see Hockman and Leary getting some valuable PT.  Also tune up the 2 and 3 deeps everywhere else.  I think we all knew this would be a laugher when we saw the schedule.  
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
    TheCowdog said:
    All is well, AT. Retired, but busier  than a three legged Billy goat at an ass kickin' contest.

You got bus from here.
    No worries, I'm not as eloquent as you but it'll do I suppose!  If ever you get a hankering for even just one week or back full time let me know (about a week in advance) and I'll yield.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    Test post for Troll to see if the time stamp on the post is correct 

CD, 

We do miss you.  Even BL said that.  Enjoy retirement 
    Roo...I ain't dead. Just don't have a whole lot to say these days...and I do mean THESE days. I gotta bucketful of pure disgust I've been totin' around. Not conducive to creativity.
  • GreywolfGreywolf Posts: 611
    • Call me Mr. Dog. I'll take you to lunch and we'll catch up on all our old friends. 
  • wolfanaticwolfanatic Posts: 309
    What are the odds that Dorian blitzes and sacks our game scheduled for Saturday?
  • Cowdog, I'll light a candle for ya. 

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,331PFN Referee
    remember to let it all out this Festivus!
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
    Serenity now!
    edited September 3
    It comes and goes. LOL

Oh, and Mr. Grey, I'm workin' on something old friends related. Hang tight, my man.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    edited September 4
    TheCowdog said:
    It comes and goes. LOL

Oh, and Mr. Grey, I'm workin' on something old friends related. Hang tight, my man.
    WARNING.....DO NOT SEEK HELP FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL.....  🤬🤪🤯

https://images.app.goo.gl/wQEHrLNB1mw87JxL6
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 948
    Cd: We’re thinking of you.  Chin up!
    edited September 6
    Think a good thought Saturday for an old man sitting in C-F trying to make it through the heat to the end.  ;)

Not a lot to say about our game prospects vs WCU. It should afford an opportunity for multiple reps for the 2-deep and some 3-deep players. If we are playing to find out what we need to work on to improve, this will be a valuable game for our team. 

From the ECU game elimination of mental errors will be an emphasis. Third down conversions will be on our agenda for improvement. Continuing to tighten our secondary play -- not intended as criticism of previous improvement. Kick-off coverage. There should be plenty of opportunity for this.  I'm sure the coaches have more. ;)

Speaking of the coaches our Co-OC's have corrections to make especially around who's calling the game. Honestly I don't see how one coach calling first and second down and another calling 3rd down can work. Too much using one play to set up another for this to work.

Our offensive quality control coach, Kriss Proctor, might be a good one to call the plays with the OCs letting him know what they see and what the D is giving us.  Oh hell. As far as I know he is the problem now. 

I hope Doeren's biggest dilemma is holding the score down without holding his players back. With the depth we are developing this may be more difficult than it sounds. Moving the ball and scoring is not or should not be insulting to an opponent. Hopefully the game is a learning experience for both teams.

Let's have a safe game for both teams.

Go Pack!!
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 948
    Greywolf said:

Speaking of the coaches our Co-OC's have corrections to make especially around who's calling the game. Honestly I don't see how one coach calling first and second down and another calling 3rd down can work. Too much using one play to set up another for this to work.

I have always wondered about this.  We'll see how it works.

I think that one OC will emerge, and that will be the one calling plays.
    I have confidence that this will be worked out.  There is more to being a coordinator than showing up to call the plays on Saturday. One OC emerging is not the only way that this can be solved. I'm trusting that Doeren will get it sorted out. Before the year he said that changes in how the OC is organized may be part of the deal.
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 811PFN Referee
    edited September 7
    How the game should go today. The spread tells us that a lot of people who make money off of games indicates that the Pack should win. I imagine an understanding of the two programs and past success and draft class rankings would also favor the Pack over the Catamounts. 

But I would like to focus a bit on the mascots and my neighbor John to make appoint about what I think will happen in this game. You see me and John live in North Florida which quite a bit different than what a lot of people think of Florida with vacations destinations and retirement places. It is quite rural here with lots of forest lands and swamps.

Well in this type of setting we have all kinds of critters including wild cats and such as go under the heading of a catamount as I read the definition. You see a little while back my next door neighbor John was out in his garden minding his own business and bending over and putting in some work on his garden which is not to far from a patch of those swamp woods I was telling you about when this here rabid wild cat attacked him from behind. Now this sneak attack sure did take John by surprise but he was able to get his three fingered hand, oh excuse me did I forget to mention that when a younger man he lost his pinky and ring finger of his right hand to an air boat accident when he was not minding his p's and q's, well any way he got his three fingered right hand on that there catamount and then after some wrasslin around and rolling over he got his other hand on that critter and commenced to choke the life out of that there catamount which he eventually did.

Now after it was over he was scratched up a bit and had to get some rabies shots but on the whole was not to much worse for wear. So, I figure if my over 70, oops did I forget to mention that John was in his mid 70's, year old neighbor three-fingered John can choke the life out of a rabid sneaky catamount with his bare hands then a vicious Pack of Wolves ought to be able to do something similar.

Here is to hoping that the Pack wins big and remains healthy.  
    In the post above to be accurate I should have said, "I am optimistic that this will be worked out.

The Pack may not win by as big of a spread as we are capable of today. Doeren isn't one to run up the score to make himself look good.
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,413
    When you’re favored by 41you shouldn’t worry about covering. It’s about execution, getting reps for the 2’s and 3’s, and staying healthy. Go Pack!
  • Favored by 41!!!! Why even watch. 
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 295PFN Referee
    edited September 7
    I was checking out the ACCN on the ESPN app getting ready for today's game.   When I found the listing (need to see if the ESPN app has any search features), I was shocked to see that it was blacked out.    WTF!    So I pulled up the TV Guide and much to my surprise, it is being carried (or at least is supposed to be carried) by my puny little cable company.   (The listings have lied before, but I'm hopeful.)

So why watch?   Because I can get it on the big screen instead of a tablet...and I know how to use the remote if I get bored.
  • I'm waiting for Texas AM to show up. I've got the 4k oled,65".  Boredom isn't an option. 
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 339
    Spectrum 318 charlotte
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,331PFN Referee
    yep, Fox Sports regional carrying it.
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 295PFN Referee
    Secondary looking shaky to start