Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

A New Tradition.... Lighting the Bell Tower, The Carolina Way

"NEW"????  Guess they will get credit for this age ole tradition at NC State. 

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-football-announces-new-tradition-lighting-up-the-bell-tower/18592238/ 

Comments

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
    Do they have no shame?

Here's to their bell tower staying in the shadows.
  • 4in124in12 Posts: 137
    New Tradition? That's an oxymoron.
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 242
    Kinda like E-SPIN gushing over Dookies camping out at Cameron in Kershoofskiville when Dook got good in B-Ball-we were doing that at Reynolds easily 10 years before...
  • PackzingoPackzingo Posts: 67
    I’m assuming the folks at Mississippi State didn’t have the money or legal team to combat the NCAA as did the Holes
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    Packzingo said:
    I’m assuming the folks at Mississippi State didn’t have the money or legal team to combat the NCAA as did the Holes
    Au Contrere, Mon Ami....

The NCAA promulgated and released (passed) the NEW Academic regulations.....PRIOR to the conclusion of the MSU investigation....

Therefore, since they (the NCAA) NOW have laws on the books and the FORMAL investigation had not entered the "Penalty" or sentencing stage, it was right and reasonable to hold the miscreants from MSU accountable....

I understand it fully.....it follows the trend in our legal system....UNC kept gettin continuances and also made SURE that they would be "judged" PRIOR to the pending release of the NEW Regulations.  Sort of Grandfathered in.....and they were the example of WHY the NCAA had to beef up the rules.

• Less we forget, we sourced the idea for lighting the bell tower from the University of Texas while Marye Anne Fox was chancellor. She was on the Texas faculty for 22 years before NC State hired her away. Don't ask Wisconson fans about the source of the strutting wolf. 
  • PackzingoPackzingo Posts: 67
    Very good info Roo, thanks for the explanation 
  • The best thing ever would be if some Wolfpack fans could figure out a way to light their tower red after we beat them.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    edited August 27
    The best thing ever would be if some Wolfpack fans could figure out a way to light their tower red after we beat them.
    EASY....rent a portable generator.  Get RED or Tinted filters for the lights like they use on night road construction.

Go in mass (I'll be with you) to the Belltower and setup the lights.  IF we are challenged or whatever... [Moderators: portion of comment removed for political discussion not permitted here]

Continuing in our spiel to Security or onlookers, we are NOT going to vandalize the Belltower by tossing buckets of RED blood or paint....but want, in a peaceful manner, to make our voices known.

THEN...after we set it up....we pull over our cover up shirts and have our RED STATE T-shirts on and sing the fight song.  I have a complete CD of the Marching band and we can use our megaphones to amplify it and cause a ruckus....

We would get PLENTY of UNC supporters to assist us.  

NOW....since we did NOT vandalize the Belltower then there is a legal precedent NOT to prosecute us if we disbanded when instructed.

• 1984Met1984Met Posts: 97
    Less we forget, we sourced the idea for lighting the bell tower from the University of Texas while Marye Anne Fox was chancellor. She was on the Texas faculty for 22 years before NC State hired her away. Don't ask Wisconson fans about the source of the strutting wolf. 

Or ask Wisconsin fans about our school colors of red and white.
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 811PFN Referee
    Badgers? BADGERS? I ain't asking no stinking badgers. 
  • GreywolfGreywolf Posts: 611
    No wonder the holes got put on probation for academics. They think tradition starts with an announcement.