Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2019 College Football (other games thread)

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,854PFN Referee
Kickoff tonight?!  Hurricanes at Gators @ 7pm, ESPN.

All is right in the world.

Comments

• Pack78Pack78 Posts: 254
    Can't decide if I want to pull for the ACC or not...OTOH, if the Canes look good, that is bad for the cheats over in the Coastal...
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 128
    I am still an A.B.C. fan after all these years.  Tend to extend that to any team that hurts their chances; so, will be an FSU fan for one extra day.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,854PFN Referee
    Game last night was definitely entertaining.  That Gators QB thinks his shit don't stink.. but I'm guessing they fall quickly from that #8 ranking.  Miami's offensive line was like a sieve allowing double digit sacks.  Lack of discipline for both teams, but I guess that's to be expected in this Florida rivalry.

Nice taste of the college football season before all teams get going next week.
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 317
    Game last night was definitely entertaining.  That Gators QB thinks his shit don't stink.. but I'm guessing they fall quickly from that #8 ranking.  Miami's offensive line was like a sieve allowing double digit sacks.  Lack of discipline for both teams, but I guess that's to be expected in this Florida rivalry.

Nice taste of the college football season before all teams get going next week.
    That idiot threw the interception which SHOULD have cost Florida the game.
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 1,012PFN Referee
    That missed FG was costly.
  • Florida gave it a good effort in trying to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

Watched it sporadically, but I thought it was a poorly played game (sacks, turnovers and generally bad decisions).  

Watched a series of the Hawaii game afterwards and the white QB with dreads looked better than the Miami and Florida QBs combined.

Btw, did anyone see any of the Michael Irvin rant the night before the game.  😬
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,171PFN Referee
    Pretty sloppy second half, which was all I saw.  The highlight was the look on Spurrier’s face after the interception.  He was as dumbfounded about that play call and the throw as the rest of us.

Miami needs an OL, a QB and more discipline.  They don’t look much different than last year to me, so the Coastal is wide open.

I don’t think Florida is #8. They had just enough to win despite a 4-1 gap in turnovers.  Someone is going to knock the head off their QB and I might smile when that happens.
    Gso....YES.  Cocaine is alive and well.  
    I know Miami got their fare share of the calls but it seemed when it came right down to it the big media reminded us that big market college basketball and football games will NOT be decided by the players.  Now I'll admit, a few beverages had me a little more vocal than normal but it only took three hours for me to remember why I HATE ESPN and what college sports have become.  Yes, I have a very quick trigger to complain to these types of situations but for God's sake, if you the official call a pass interference right in front of you how can two/three other guys who were at least 30 yards away from your position come over and convince you that it actually was not.  I hate ESPN, I hate the SEC and I hate Paul Finebaum.  Suk it Paul
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 757
    Here’s my thoughts. College football has changed to a point where these Uber-talented but undisciplined teams won’t have much success. Both teams were very talented and played very fast on D. Both teams struggled to run. Florida was the most disciplined team - and that’s why they won in spite of the turnovers.

On another note, the only time that it’s a bad football night and Miami loses is when they play unc-Ch.
    Sam: I don’t think the officials decided that game, at least not in the second half.  I thought the calls looked pretty good outside of a miss or two here or there.

To me what decided the game was the missed field goal.  Make that one and Miami could have won with another chip shot, despite the OL and QB play.  

If I were a Miami fan, I wouldn’t be thrilled about my OC.  They tried the Wildcat once in the second half, scored, yet never came back to it.  Florida was blitzing up the gut and pressing on the side for the screen.  Where was the quick slant or hook and go?  How about a little RB dump out of the backfield to where the LBs vacated?  It was kind of surprising given Florida didn’t seem to do anything exotic. I guess he’s a good screamer though which is what some fans seem to want.
    Yes, very true statement about the field goal miss.  I thought while typing my statement it wasn't necessarily a valid point for that specific game.  I mean, I still don't know how officials talk themselves out of flags but there were calls galore for both sides.  Miami's QB made some horrible game management decisions.  I hope our new guys were watching.  BEAT THE PIE RATS
    3:30 games.. The REAL Carolina vs Cheats and Duke/Alabama.. going to be some good watching.
  • jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 230
    Criminoles actually lost to potato state! Oh boy is Taggart in deep doo-doo
    Criminoles actually lost to potato state! Oh boy is Taggart in deep doo-doo
    holy shit!  All I heard at half time from analysts was how FSU had made such a huge turn around this season.. maybe not as huge as 1st half would indicate!
  • realpackfanrealpackfan Posts: 180
    Holes are not even close to having a "Great Day ".
    3:30 games.. The REAL Carolina vs Cheats and Duke/Alabama.. going to be some good watching.
    Muschump can ill afford to lose to the smurfs. I don’t care if he’s going against Mack (greatest coach in history per espn).
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,597
    Kid just asked, “Did you see the size of that life alert Mack has on?”
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,597
    The prune juice will be flowing in Chapel Hill tonight!
    Mack seriously looks like death warmed over, and a grumpy old man. Maybe he was mad about his player showboating at the end? Get used to it Mack, it’s called the “Carolina Way”. Guess you’ve been gone long enough to forget?
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,437
    That ought to do it for Muschamp. 
  • BasspackerBasspacker Posts: 149
    Muschamp is awful.  Cheats was bad and he gave it to them.  Why did they throw ball long last 90 seconds of game, just a panic attack.  They could have worked the ball short yardage and not been in a desparate 4th and long to win. One of the worse game ending coach jobs I've seen in years.  Course, ole Coach Pappy almost did a favor and blunder to by taking a knee on 4th down.
    edited September 1
    Why did they throw ball long last 90 seconds of game, just a panic attack.

That 2 minute drill was awful.  2 time outs, 2 minutes to go, and you are throwin bombs down the field?  Was really bizarre.

I watched about 20 minutes of FSU/Boise and FSU looked like they could do anything they wanted.  Wow that one turned.

UNC/SCar was kind of the same.  I have thought for a while that Mischampf stinks (no comment about our losses to him), but SCar looked more skilled at every position to me.  

I was glad Wake got the win.