Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

ACC TV Network

Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 329PFN Referee
Ok, so who's got it ...cable, dish, or streaming?

Much to surprise, my local cable company added the channel this week before there was anything being broadcast.    Shentel has my area and covers neither Blacksburg nor Charlottesville, so my hopes were very low.   Here is Shentel's coverage area:

Comments

• wolfanaticwolfanatic Posts: 387
    I am receiving the ACCN via DirecTV on channel #612. They are currently showing a replay of Clemmons vs Alabama Championship game.
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 254
    Got it as well on Spectrum 388 as previously reported...
  • wirogerswirogers Posts: 59
    Nope, the Amish here in Lancaster PA did not put enough diesel in the generator for that channel.

• Playstation Vue now has it.
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 317
    Northstate here in High Point has it channel 1062
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 317
    FYI if any of you live in my area and Northstate is available Im an advocate.  Any issues is met with someone on the other line no more than 15 miles away from you with a nice southern voice.  
  • jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 230
    Down here in Bama there’s no ACCN on my over-priced DirecTV. Part of the “SEC just means more” brainwashin’ they got going on here. ;) And they sure as heck ain’t adding any channels that repeat the 2018 NC.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,854PFN Referee
    Hulu Live also has it.  I bit the bullet and purchases Hulu Live for $45/mo since it has pretty much all the sports channels I want.  I'll cancel after hoops season in March.
  • PIRPIR Posts: 86
    I usually watch games the next day or that evening (if it was a day game) online on ESPN. Does anyone know if I'll still be able to do that or does it depend on my internet provider? 
  • 44rules44rules Posts: 321
    Does Hulu Live include Fox Sportssouth? Asking for a Braves fan ...
  • Wolfblood86Wolfblood86 Posts: 242
    edited August 26
    PIR said:
    I usually watch games the next day or that evening (if it was a day game) online on ESPN. Does anyone know if I'll still be able to do that or does it depend on my internet provider? 
    If you have right credentials with a tv provider using the ESPN app but don't count on it. I keep getting an error saying the ACC Network is currently unavailable and the ESPN team is working with my tv provider to fix the issue.  :/ Can't even watch replays right now. Of course I'm bumming off my dad's Spectrum account since we have Dish. 
  • gvlpackfangvlpackfan Posts: 46
    I have had Hulu Live since October and really like it. I cancelled my Dish subscription when we moved to Cincinnati last fall.
  • gvlpackfangvlpackfan Posts: 46
    44rules said:
    Does Hulu Live include Fox Sportssouth? Asking for a Braves fan ...
    I get all of the Fox Ohio stations living in Cincinnati. Hulu has a free trial so you could test the waters. 
  • 44rules44rules Posts: 321
    Thanks GVL. Will check it out.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,854PFN Referee
    edited August 26
    44rules said:
    Does Hulu Live include Fox Sportssouth? Asking for a Braves fan ..
    Yes it does for me.  I'm in the Raleigh area.  Like gvl said they've got a free 7 day trial which is great for 'kicking the tires'

If you are interested in just the Braves games though I believe the MLB.tv offers a single team package that's cheaper than their full package.. not sure what the rate is going at this time of year with season winding down though.
  • BasspackerBasspacker Posts: 149
    I also have DirecTV and its on channel 612.  How will they choose which game they will air?  Will it be like in the past, feature a game of the week like RayCom did?
  • I think this network is a symptom of the end of college athletics, at least for me.  I used to be a rabid sports fan.  Long story, short:  not anymore.  I recently got rid of DirecTV.  Thus, I have no access to this channel.  (I only have access to over the air TV now, which I almost never watch).  I refuse to pay for some stupidly expensive package just to get ACCN.  Thus, I will watch less games.  Thus, continuing my spiraling lack of interest.  This leads to less interest in spending any money on associated things (clothes, occasional tickets to events, etc).  

If they won't allow me to stream games ala carte, then they will just lose me.  Oh well, I suppose they won't miss me, especially if they get 10 more to replace me.  I suspect this will only slow down the loss of TV subscribers, not stop it.  But who knows.  Maybe in a year or two I will subscribe.  Probably not. 

I'll see y'all later, during/after the over-the-air broadcast games!
  • revdmillsrevdmills Posts: 9
    I think this network is a symptom of the end of college athletics, at least for me.  I used to be a rabid sports fan.  Long story, short:  not anymore.  I recently got rid of DirecTV.  Thus, I have no access to this channel.  (I only have access to over the air TV now, which I almost never watch).  I refuse to pay for some stupidly expensive package just to get ACCN.  Thus, I will watch less games.  Thus, continuing my spiraling lack of interest.  This leads to less interest in spending any money on associated things (clothes, occasional tickets to events, etc).  

If they won't allow me to stream games ala carte, then they will just lose me.  Oh well, I suppose they won't miss me, especially if they get 10 more to replace me.  I suspect this will only slow down the loss of TV subscribers, not stop it.  But who knows.  Maybe in a year or two I will subscribe.  Probably not. 

I'll see y'all later, during/after the over-the-air broadcast games!
    For what its worth, AACN is on Hulu with live TV for $40/month.
  • revdmills said:

For what its worth, AACN is on Hulu with live TV for $40/month.
    I appreciate the help.  I've checked out Hulu and other options.  $40/month is about $35 more than I am willing to pay.  I guess my inner tightwad gets louder the older I get.  I might do the free 30 day trial right before an important game and see if I can get 2-3 games from it.  Need to look at the broadcast schedule and see what might work.  
  • Streaming is becoming so splintered (an increasingly expensive) that folks might just start yearning for cable again.  

Maybe someday we'll get to a true a-la-carte option regarding channels and sporting events.  Then I would happy, having only a mere handful of channels to scroll through, just like when I was a kid. :smile:
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,652PFN Referee
    Anyone else having that bullshit where you had cable before Spectrum, and they now aren't adding ACCN unless you switch to one of their (likely way more expensive) plans?
    muthaf**kas won't even let me see what my options are ONLINE.  I have to freaking call these jackinapes.

Wondering how bad it was if others have already done so.
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,597
    Anyone else having that bullshit where you had cable before Spectrum, and they now aren't adding ACCN unless you switch to one of their (likely way more expensive) plans?
    I've actually hit that wall with DirecTV.  I have a plan they no longer offer.  Has more channels than the cheapest plan that includes ACCN and costs the same.  I'm going to have to fork over the $10-15/month if I want to watch us beat Klempson.
  • Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 329PFN Referee
    edited August 26
    Cable is the best of a limited number of options I have for high(er) speed internet.   So the various streaming options to replace cable just aren't very attractive.   But if I ever have a better option for home internet, the cable company will get dropped post haste.

To illustrate my internet woes, two friends with satellite paid for the cable company to run cable to their houses just for the internet.
    yeah, home internet has made cable essential for me (plus is just easier).  But they fuck with me too much on this...