Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

NC State’s Thayer Thomas has made his baseball decision. Will he join the Red Sox?

freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 767PFN Referee
edited August 1 in Wolfpack Sports

"The Boston Red Sox will have to wait.

N.C. State’s Thayer Thomas has decided to stick with the Wolfpack for another year of his college baseball career.

Boston took Thomas in the 33rd round of the Major League Baseball draft in June and offered him a six-figure signing bonus. But a jump to minor-league baseball would cut into Thomas’ commitment to the Wolfpack football team."

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article233354077.html

Comments

• 44rules44rules Posts: 275

Dang. Don't know if I could turn down 6 figures ...

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,565PFN Referee

Oh wow how did I miss that he played baseball too? Selfishly I'm glad because his football contributions were huge last year and losing him would most certainly hurt us. But damn I'm with 44, I think I might've had to take that $$$ to play a game.

My guess is he's formed some unbelievable bonds with some of the other players on the team. Hopefully this is evidence that this years football team is a true band of brothers.

• freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 767PFN Referee

His brother is joining the team this year I think.

• BasspackerBasspacker Posts: 135

His wants to play with his brother, who committed as a true freshman as linebacker.  Plus may have desire to play football at the next level which with a good year this season, he could see his stock go way up.

• RickRick Posts: 1,330PFN Referee

A buddy of mine is the director of scouting for the Red Sox, I will have to ask him what is going on.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,154PFN Referee

Good, I really would have hated to lose a third WR.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,154PFN Referee

Also, I hear tell that Jakobi Meyers is turning some heads in P*ts camp.

• GreywolfGreywolf Posts: 507

We lost 3 WRs: Harmon, Meyers and Stephon Louis. Steph was out the last half of the season (or more) due to injury so he was easy to miss.

• He runs well, plays the outfield well, has a good arm, and not a bad swing for a kid who doesn’t get a lot of reps in fall. Smart pick by Bosox imo. He didn’t get much baseball action once conference play began. Was behind Butler, McDonough, and then Tresh, Tatum, and a few others occasionally.