Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Fast (Little) David and the Wolfpack - YouTube and eBay song - The Embers

Was at the N C Symphony Summerfest concert in the Koka Booth amphitheater in Cary last night. Final one and The Embers were the featured group without the Symphony. Somehow got curious about their history as we have listened to them live since the early 60’s when we were in State.

Found a DVD about them, but also got hits for Fast (also Little) David and the Wolfpack. It was distributed with both titles and recorded by The Embers. You can listen on YouTube and/or buy on eBay.

if you were there last night, then you were probably overcome as I was by their closing number “Proud to be an American” where they invited all Vets, especially Vietnam Vets to come down to the stage. While they were lined up, they got the crowd to come forward and shake hands or hug each one and concluded the number with a chorus of God Bless America. Particularly poignant to me as last night was the 50th anniversary of America putting the first man on the moon. Enjoy the song....

https://youtu.be/wTpMWOn39ZA

Comments

• PIRPIR Posts: 78

Thanks for sharing. That was a fun listen. My kids enjoyed it. At least some of them.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 227

Very cool

• HighstickHighstick Posts: 288PFN Referee

I think they've been doing that for the Vets all summer. Glad they are doing so!

I think I saw them the first time in the early 60's in Raleigh. We were all pretty young then.

• BasspackerBasspacker Posts: 135

All ways look forward to the Ember Summer Time concert on the beach at the Pointe on Lake Gaston.  This year its August 25th.  Fun time to be had both on land and by water.  We always choose the water by throwing anchor out of the pontoon with about 20 other boats.

• HighstickHighstick Posts: 288PFN Referee

Long time since I camped and fished at Gaston. Hope you have fun!