Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Just Think About This.....

SamIamSamIam Posts: 227
edited May 26 in Wolfpack Sports

Sent from an a** hole friend who likes to wear crap your pants blue...saddest part is this is true.

It's official: for the 27th consecutive year, NC State has failed to win so much as a share of a division title, regular season ACC title, or ACC tournament title in football, mens's & women's basketball, and baseball. One of the most amazing and humbling streaks in all of major college sports.

Soak it in, now renew your seats in the Carter and PNC.

Comments

• RickRick Posts: 1,330PFN Referee

Until it matters

It is what we do. It's also why I don't follow anything that closely.

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 377

While I wish that fact weren't true, the person who repeatedly holds up his "being" based upon the results of their team or perhaps the school from which they graduated is sad.

Having fun with friends and perhaps I say, rivals, is one thing. The above shared comment feels more than that.

My life's accomplishments (personal and for financial) haven't been constrained by the Pack's mercurial, or mediocre performance.

I like how we tend to call out our own when they fail to take the high road and then being man enough to "take our medicine".

Our friends in Chapel Hill seem to tend to respond completely opposite to that. I would rather shutter our athletic program than act as such.

Rant over.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 227

Interesting.....brain, thoughts on overload. I wouldn't give NC State nor any other institution's athletic program credit for anything in my personal life, positive or negative.

My life's accomplishments (personal OR financial) haven't been constrained by the Pack's mercurial, or mediocre performance...either.

I may should have kept the last statement to myself...about renewing seats, however there will be no change in anything until the powers that be see the need for change. So, I am sorry I offended you, or anyone else but it was just how I felt in the moment, nah, it's how I feel in this moment as well just regret being offensive. sort of

I am not sure how GSO came to his conclusion. I for one don't equate my personal being with anything related to NCSU but THIS is a site for discussion NCSU. And the fact it has been 27 years since we have won anything is an unfortunate fact of being an NCSU fan.  

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 377

Sam, I was wasn't offended whatsoever by you or your post. Sorry if I communicated otherwise.

My comment was "speaking" to the person (and people like them) who shared that comment with you. Yes, I am making a broad statement with many assumptions. Hey, but after 27 years of losing, I think I am afforded that right. 😉

My point was that while those statements are true (and they do bother me somewhat because I do care about my school, it's athletic program, and how it is perceived), I think continuing to roll that stuff out shows how little class they have. If you can't be a bit more gracious in "winning", then you need to check your priorities.

Will share a nice story. I had the opportunity to hand out awards at a soccer tournament here in Greensboro recently and after each of the girls on the second place team got their medal, they walked over to the champions and shook their hands one by one. Sure, they were taught that, but they had enough class to actually do it. By the way, those girls were 10 years old. The winning team (coaches, parents, and players) was actually blown away as the match was apparently quite contentious.

For future reference, while I may disagree with some of what is posted on this site, I don't (or very rarely) get offended by it as I know that we all come from the same place. That is, a passion for NC State and it's athletic programs.

Ok, everyone group hug now.

GSO,

Makes sense and I 100% agree with you.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 227

Deep down we're all on the same page here. Frustration produces itself in many different forms. I completely understand what GSO was saying now and 100% agree. I say we replace Wagon Wheel as the most played medley inside Carter to Roy Clark and Buck Owen's Gloom Despair And Agony On Me. Kidding but damn that'd be funny.

• realpackfanrealpackfan Posts: 107

And now DD announces that he is "excited ".