Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2019 NBA Playoffs

WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,288
edited April 28 in Wolfpack Sports

Now in the second round of the playoffs. Warriors look beatable. Series with Houston will have a lot of impact. Winner may win it all.

East

Bucks vs Celtics

76ers vs Raptors

West

Golden State vs Houston

Spurs vs Nuggets

Comments

• WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,288

Nuggets vs Blazers, my apologies

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,777PFN Referee

I haven't had a chance to watch a single second of the playoffs this year. Been extremely busy. No LeBron this year.. kind of odd.

I haven’t watched hardly any with The Masters, Canes doing well and MLB, but things are about to start heating up this second round. Some great matchups. As GS has been, they appear to be on the ropes.

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,777PFN Referee

I got the Celtics/Bucks game on ow in the background until Canes game start

Celtics destroy Bucks in game 1 on the road.

Warriors top Rockets in the opening game of that series.

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,513

Warriors took advantage of the refs refusal to call fouls when The Rockets were shooting threes. Cost the Rockets 13 FT attempts and kept Klay Thompson in the game.

Agreed Tex. Houston can come back to win this series though. GS has some issues.

Bucks in control up 3-1 after dropping the series opener at home. They have to be considered the favorite in the East.

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,513

Rockets have made a series out of it for now. 9:30 tip on Wednesday night and I'm on the road. The chances of me seeing the end of the game are quite remote

Bucks moving on.

warriors edge rockets in game 5. But...Durant likely out.

Blazers and 76ers knot it up. Winner take all.

Warriors rip Houston’s hear out in Game 6, without Durant. Very bad performance by the Rockets. Warriors the clear favorite to win it all again. Curry is the best shooter of all time.

Rockets owner talking trash lol. You just got torched AGAIN at home with the Warriors playing without their best player. And you are talking trash. Wow. Classy.

• RickRick Posts: 1,447PFN Referee

I like the warriors without kd but not with him. I am not sure why

Portland advances with a gutsy Game 7 win in Denver.

And they have about a 2 percent chance to beat Golden State...

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 312PFN Referee

Looks like one of the conference finals will be played on every night with GS/Portland starting on Tues night.

Yea. East should be a great matchup. I like all the teams remaining, and would like to see a title go to Milwaukee, Portland or Toronto.

Warriors with the easy win over the Blazers in game 1.

Warriors with the 2-0 lead. Heading to Portland. Durant’s injury much more serious than previously thought.

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 312PFN Referee

So far, the games have been entertaining enough to keep an old man up to the end.

Warriors can be fun to watch. They amaze me at times with all the ridiculous shots they make. Green has been solid this series. All around good player. Must win Game 3 for the Blazers.

Warriors take commanding 3-0 lead.

• jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 168

I actually watched most of last night's game which is a rarity for me these days. Green brought them back in the 3rd and Curry finished them off in the 4th. I really enjoyed watching Green's will to win and leadership in that 3rd quarter. Admittedly I haven't given the Warriors the credit they deserve for being more than a team with the 2 best pure shooters in the world plus (recently) a top-2 player in the league. Last night they proved they're much more than that and why they are unbeatable with or without KD. I wish we could see a more evenly matched competitive finals this year but the rest of the league just ain't up to that task.

So it’s interesting - the statistics show that the Warriors are a better team without Durant. They move the ball much better when he is out of the lineup. He’s a free agent and will be wearing a different uniform next year. Don’t expect a huge dropoff from the Warriors.

No question Green has been the key cog in the wheel this series. He’s been amazing in every way.

Many of the “experts” actually think Milwaukee will beat Golden State if they meet in the Finals. We’ll see - there is something to be said for experience, and the Warriors have it. And the best shooter in the world.

Warriors making history. First since 1966 Celtics to advance to 5 straight Finals.