Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2019 Carolina Hurricanes Playoffs Thread

Comments

• noahnoah Posts: 27

I'm waiting for someone in Canada to say, "I don't wanna hear aboot Bostonians talking about hockey!"

I've been all over the country. I don't think Southern Hospitality is a thing. People in the midwest and perfectly friendly. People on the Great Plains couldn't be sweeter. People on the west coast are very mellow and open to conversation. It's just how people are. Generally, they respond well to courtesy, human interaction, and kindness.

So, there's no such thing as Southern Hospitality. Yankees are just dicks.

• YogiNCYogiNC Posts: 430

GAME ON! GO CANES, WHUP 'EM QUICK!

• SonofWilkinSonofWilkin Posts: 46

He would shit himself if he heard a Eastern NC accent

• GowolvesGowolves Posts: 284

Great job in answering quick to their goal. Aho and Schvec., AKA the future, get it done. The Finn and the Russkie.

Up one. McKegg!

2-1 Canes!

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,480

GO

Empty Net Goal.....4-2

OPPS....as I type, regular goal.....5-2

unzip pants. Remove male member. Urinate on Fire.

Call in the hounds. No more fun tonight

Tough loss. Need to focus on killing PP.

Was slightly surprised by goal tender change. Wonder who will be covering on Sunday?

edited May 10

Has nothing to do with Petr. The game changed with the questionable penalties. He played well.

Petr will start on Sunday.

• choppack1choppack1 Posts: 657

Yea - dj’s like that are why violence happens. The funny thing is guys like him hide behind the overall decency of most humans and the rules of civilized society. Best just to treat this man the way he deserves to be treated. Ignore him.

• RickRick Posts: 1,330PFN Referee

They hit Svetch from behind when he doesn't have the puck and we get called for a penalty.

What crap. Boston just plays dirty. I despise them

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 227

Canes will snap back, on a positive note after getting home late I found the score to be 2-1 Canes. I refused to watch scared I would curse the boys. Welp, turns out this one was not my fault. I feel free to watch under any circumstances now.

Watched the Blues and Sharks. At one intermission or maybe a “Talking Head Fillin’ Gap”, the announcer was ballyhooing the Sharks. Somehow describing their lineup as a “potpourri of experienced hockey talent” doesn’t connote the NHL brawling and tough man image....

Sharks did do a number on the blues. FUGLY....

Yeah I watched some of that. The Sharks are good. The Canes split two games with them this year. They got Thornton from Boston a few years a ago. Karlson from Ottawa in a trade a few years ago. They got talent

• WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 978

Canes on at 3 today. Let’s even it up.

Didn’t show up today.

Damn its bad.

Must win Game 3.

Going with CM in the net. Don’t agree but what WTF do I know.

He is bigger height wise. So maybe that’s something

Do they throw salted halibats at him when he makes a save. I was of the OTHER opinion....

It was TIME for a change. CM had better stats than PM....not much, but statistically different.

Right now Petra's stats SUCK based on the last two games.

Toast.

It was a good run. They finally seem to have some good leadership. Combine that was some talented young players and maybe it won't be ten years again.

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,565PFN Referee

Backs against wall this team has shown great fight.. lights not totally off in the building yet

Maybe Whitt and Ernie Myers should be the siren guys and do a Jimmy V pregame locker room bit.

Troll,

While I agree we have certainly looked outclassed up to this point. I think avoiding the sweep would be a win. Look to be in some offense this summer and maybe free up some playing time for the dmen in the pipe.