Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2019 Carolina Hurricanes Playoffs Thread

Comments

• GreywolfGreywolf Posts: 654

Yogi, That Met division was as tight as it could be. The Canes were in 3rd place for a few hours once or twice. If we get by the Islanders... but the Islanders could say the same thing about us.

All and all we have as good a chance as anybody else. During a non-Canes game the other night the color guy said something like "I know they wish they (one of the teams playing) had Williams in their locker room right now."

Roddy and Justin are one heck of a pair and both have been there, done that, as far as the Stanley Cup is concerned. When they speak, those youngsters listen like God is talking.

I hope this makes sense. I'm pretty darn stoked right now. 😁

• GowolvesGowolves Posts: 284

Don’t sleep on Stahl. The young man is a grinder and gets it done

Stahl is starting to be more vocal. Stahl is known for leading by example. The job he does as a shut-down center is remarkable. He's one you can trust according to Roddy.

Odds on the four teams in the playoffs today, Sat...

Moving to the 3rd round - 73.4 percent (Boston 74%, St. Louis 73.2%, San Jose 70.4%)

Moving to the Finals - 40.9 percent (Boston 35.6%, St. Louis 35.7%, San Jose 38.6%)

Winning the Stanley Cup - 22 percent (Boston 18.2%, St. Louis 18.2%, San Jose 19.8%)

Any of the other 4 teams could wind up winning the cup. After tomorrow's round of games the odds will change. I thought this was fun to look at and should mention that it really doesn't mean shit.

• WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,437

Canes time!

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,854PFN Referee

CANES SCORE!!! TIE IT UP!

lol we've scored all three goals of this series.

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,854PFN Referee

correction, all FOUR goals!

Wow!

Canes on a tear

• RickRick Posts: 1,524PFN Referee

Six players down to injury.

Still winning. Amazing team

Playing 3 D-pairs with 5 defensemen. The bench coaching is getting it done as well as the players. If I may quote Rick, "Amazing team."

• YogiNCYogiNC Posts: 458

The no goal on the kick in by NYI was big. Two goals in less that a minute and a half into the 3rd!!!! Backup goalie got it done. Back to Raleigh BABY! You can believe that is going to be one joyous plane ride.

Tight game!

5-2 Canes

3-0 Series

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,696

Are you guys drinking and celebrating....and not posting. I figured this thread would have 20 posts or updates.

SL in the PNC bumped 120 dB. When I was working, we required ear plugs and muffs for operations over 125 dB

great game. Canes in control all the time.

edited May 2

Roo, It WAS a great game and the fans in attendance were raising the roof.

Roddy totally believes in his players. A couple of forwards played a few more minutes than the rest. Patrick Brown, a AHL call up, played 9:30. Brown was busy as a bee fore-checking with a team high 5 hits in those 9+ minutes.

Do we dare hope for a sweep this Friday. I saw a graphic the said only 3 teams have swept an opponent in the first round and been swept in the 2nd round. The last team was Buffalo in 1993 and Chicago twice -- in 1970 and a couple of years later.

The Canes looked like a team that could go all the way.

THREE AND OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Come on sweep!

What a great game. If that third period doesn't do the Isles in I don't know what would. They were totally dominated by the Canes. They looked like fire ants taking over a cow that wound up in the wrong place. I'm not sure of the effect that second empty netter could have though. Oh well, we'll see Friday night. If they come out in a continuation of that third period it could be over in a hurry.

Slavin with 12 assists in the playoffs. Playing incredible hockey

• RickRick Posts: 1,524PFN Referee

What a game. The atmosphere was phenomenal. Canes are simply imposing their will on teams. No one left scares me. It could be a special season.

edited May 2

I've seen a lot of tweets but this one is perfect. For those who watched the game you'll recognize this right away.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/05/nhl-playoffs-hurricanes-burn-islanders-with-perfect-tweet-game-3

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,696

Yogi.....your tweet disappeared in the post. However, when I "QUOTED YOU" and clicked on your comments....it showed up

PROBLEM IS....It shows us as a hyper link, but me and Mr. Laptop and Ms. Google can't get it to JUMP nor can I copy it....

BUT...IF you google USATODAY Hurricanes Perfect Tweet....then I found it.

I have pasted as "text", but it also showed up as a HyperLink.....

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/05/nhl-playoffs-hurricanes-burn-islanders-with-perfect-tweet-game-3

TROLL.....Just passing this along.

I had posted that comment and then edited it twice before I went over to the site update thread and read than you can't hit enter at the end of inserting a url or the link goes poof. I finally edited it so that the link shows up. A button for inserting a url would be nice. BTW Troll, you do great work on this site, and we all thank you for your efforts!

• 13OT13OT Posts: 57

I’m not a hockey fan but have enjoyed reading the comments on this topic.

The PNC has gotten more press from the Hurricanes in two weeks than it’s gotten from the Wolfpack in 20 years. There’s little doubt now about who’s the primary team and who’s the tenant in the PNC.

chop’s comment about this not being good for the Wolfpack was correct. Maybe the Wolfpack and not the Hurricanes should be moved to Houston. Besides, Houston provided the Pack with perhaps the two biggest wins in its history (16-6 in football and 54-52 in basketball).

The biggest thing to me here is what a difference good coaching makes. The Canes have apparently found it while the Wolfpack continues to search for it. As good as the Caps were, letting their coach get away after winning the 2018 Cup may have done them in.

edited May 2

Slavin with 12 assists in the playoffs. Playing incredible hockey. Should be in the mix for the Conn-Smyth trophy. (MVP of playoffs) if they continue to surge!