Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Pack football countdown banner!

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
edited April 16 in Wolfpack Sports
Sorry, it's kind of ugly at the moment and will only visible to desktop users (not mobile).. need to find some time to make some css tweaks to make it look pretty, but wanted to quickly get something up for now.

136 days!

Comments

• RickRick Posts: 1,394PFN Referee
    I like the banner. I know its a ton of work as it was hard for me to do some simple updating.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
    edited April 17
    Thanks, Rick!  Yes keeping banner updated with the games can be a chore.  Countdown banner should be good to go for 135 more days which is a good thing!  I might just change the font and padding or something to make it a bit more appealing at some point.
    boom!  Okay banner looks a little more spiffy now... at least to me.  CSS linear-gradient styling is pretty sweet.  Hopefully it's not too much "decoration" going on with it.
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,413
    Sorry, it's kind of ugly at the moment and will only visible to desktop users (not mobile).. need to find some time to make some css tweaks to make it look pretty, but wanted to quickly get something up for now.

136 days!
    I can see it on my tablet just fine. I’m guessing the desktop version is fancier but thanks for putting that up. 
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    I like it....my “editing” would be to have two clocks....side by side.  One as posted and the OTHER to the UNC game....assuming a NOON kickoff.  That was what Fedora did to stir up the players....and he DID beat us and O’Brien circa 2012....
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,413
    Now seeing an enhanced version. 
    134 more days!
  • PackPACPackPAC Posts: 212

TAT I like the new football banner, red background makes it really stand out!  Thanks

PackPAC said:

TAT I like the new football banner, red background makes it really stand out!  Thanks

Appreciate that!
  • YogiNCYogiNC Posts: 449

almost 2 weeks gone off that thing! Time flies when you're having fun.

yeah man time is really moving these days

Less than 100 days! Woot woot!

Less than a C note. Before you know it'll be 100 degrees and time to HIT SOMEBODY! I really don't miss training camp... AT ALL!

We open the season with ECU. Looked over the schedule and every game should be intriguing with exception of Western Carolina.

edited May 27

OK....I admit to being bored and tired and a little exhausted. Got up early this morning and walked on the beach (part of my PT) with my GK and Daughter and then bid them farewell as they returned to Cary from our timeshare in Myrtle Beach (which also was shut down and a PITA to get around in due to Bike Week). I was scheduling a Boys Day Out where NO alcohol would be served and massive amounts of powder would be consumed and several dead trees would be infiltrated with Pb. I commented that the day would truly be meaningful as it was the birthday of Roo, That GREAT American. No one guessed the origin of that line. If you recognize the name, Kathy Sue Loudermilk (the Girl that made a tight sweater seem more than just a woven woolen garment), then you also will know the patriotic relevance of Weyman C. Wannamaker, Jr....

For those of you that have NOT read Lewis Grizzard... this is your introduction. Had he NOT died at such a young and untimely age, then there would NOT be all the hoopla about certain statues....as folks would see the humor and no long argue and commit mischief.

OK.....I was reading a few excerpts from his books.... This one seems timely and fitting here.... ENJOY....the second time I read it....it actually is not that far off. REF Jameus Winston and others.

Recruiting is important. "You gotta have the horses," a coach once told me, "before you can pull the wagon." Coaches talk like that. Translated, it means if he doesn't get off his tail and sign some talent, he'll be selling tires at Kmart the next time toe meets leather.

What I hear is that Tennessee is making a big move into Georgia this year in search of recruits to rebuild the once-mighty Volunteers program. You don't sign to go to Knoxville. You are sentenced there. Clemson is also usually heavy into seeking Georgia material. A Clemson raid especially makes Georgia Tech people mad. 

"You know that tractorcade this weekend?" one asked me. "They weren't farmers," he said. "They were Clemson fans on their way to Sears to buy clothes for the Gator Bowl." 

From various sources around the Southeast, I have come into possession of the list of the most-wanted high school athletes in the state. None have signed yet. They are known as "blue-chippers" to the alumni. Coaches call them "job-savers." Here's the list. 

ARDELL GROVER - Linebacker from Atlanta. Missed half his senior season with terminal acne. "He'll hit you," say the recruiters. Especially if you call him "Zit Head," which a 10th-grader did shortly before Ardell rendered him unconscious during fifth-period study hall. 

MARVIN PALAFOX - Marvin is a tight end. He's from Macon. Wears No. 82. Scored same number on his college boards. "Great hands," say the coaches. So do the cheerleaders. 

SCOOTER T. WASHINGTON - Halfback from Savannah. Olympic speed. Expensive tastes. Wants two Cadillacs and a mink coat like Reggie Jackson's to sign. Answers the telephone, "You need the loot to get the Scoot." Contact through his agent, Sam the Fly, at the Wise Owl Pool and Recreation Hall, Savannah. 

BILLY BOB WALTON - Offensive tackle from Moultrie. Extremely offensive. Friends call him "Dump Truck" because that's how big he is, and he could eat all the pork chops and mashed potatoes out of the back of one. Made Tifton Gazette All-Area team. Makes Junior Samples look like David Niven. Loves buttermilk but can't spell it. 

LAVONNE "The Rolling Stone" LARUE - Led Columbus school in interceptions. Also led burglary ring to back entrance of Harry's One-Stop Stereo Shop. Got one to five, but sentence suspended when entire student body turned out as character witnesses after suggestion they do so by several of The Stone's "acquaintances." "Can start for any college team in the country," says his coach, who didn't start him once and still carries the scars. 

IRVING BOATRIGHT III - Quarterback for a fashionable northside Atlanta private school. Father prominent Atlanta attorney with homes on Hilton Head and Sea Island. Can't play a lick, but the head coach gets free legal advice and either house three weeks each summer. Started every game during high school career. Bed-wetter. 

ALBERT WARTZ JR. - From South Georgia. 6-4, 250. Plays quarterback. Questionable student. Thinks Henry Cabot Lodge is a motel in Bainbridge. Filled out recruiting questionnaire. By "sex," wrote: "Not since Mavis Wilson moved out of Hahira." "This kid," says his high school coach, "doesn't know the meaning of 'quit.' " Doesn't know the meaning of third-grade arithmetic either. 

OK....if you got this far....then I will close with a relevant story.... seeing as how I once worked in a Funeral Home as an 18 YO and the owner was a Class AA Alcoholic. It is also a tribute the teachings at Georgia Tech.....Have a brew and listen.....Grizzard at his finest....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxky2HOJEOs

Lewis Grizzard was always a favorite of mine. I loved his discussion on the difference between naked and nekkid.

74 days.. clock seems to me to be ticking down a lot faster than last year.

• turkeydanceturkeydance Posts: 52

met Grizzard in 1993 (?) when he appeared

on WPTF for an interview

with Donna Mason.

he was HEAVY into vodka. it was kind of a "don't care" interview.

so sad to see a suicide in progress.

I think I went to his gig locally in 1993. Guess that is why he was relaxed and laid back. Obviously Weyman C. Wanamaker, Jr. was not by his side to make sure that he only drank US distilled spirits....not that Rusky stuff. I really thought that Weyman was a REAL JD drinking American.

• 44rules44rules Posts: 287

Met him covering a pro-am golf tourney. Frankly, he was kind of a jerk.

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 255

This of all seasons..just in my opinion will be the best measuring stick for DD since he arrived. Me thinks we won't need a yard stick, more likely one that fits in a pocket. Let's see

• Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 295PFN Referee
    edited June 21

Thanks, Vawolf, for them links. Interesting that BTP looks at the loss of Ted Roof as a potentially good thing for the secondary. Time will tell.

Two months to go!

Posting a BOLO for CowDog.

CD, you still poking around these parts these days? If you are reading this: We are down to less than two months before kickoff (which will blink by) and I'd love to have you work your magic on the pigskin game threads again this season. So job is yours if you want it. Just let me know!