Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Comments

• 44rules44rules Posts: 228
    One of my favorite Wolfpackers. Used to see him walking from Western Boulevard down toward the old student center to class a lot. He would wave and say hi if you said hello to him.
  • RickRick Posts: 1,228PFN Referee

I met Chucky one time. I was talking to him (circa 1993) and asked him if he was going to be picked up by another team. He said he hoped so but if he didn't he had already made enough to retire. Remember he was a journeyman so he was not making absurd amounts. But he was driving an old car and apparently was smart with his money.

My guess is this is something to do with his time. He is an impressive guy.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,286
    He was great on the radio when he filled in and did color when Gary was out for several games.
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,235
    He will be forever a legend in Houston for his shutdown of sir Charles Barkley during the Rockets '95 championship run
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,052PFN Referee
    he's a good dude, no doubt
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 546
    One of my all time favorites. As a matter of fact, I would say it’s between him and Rodney Monroe.
  • YogiNCYogiNC Posts: 379
    Here's hoping him lots of success!
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 60
    choppack1 said:
    One of my all time favorites. As a matter of fact, I would say it’s between him and Rodney Monroe.
    He is one of my all time favorites as well.  I put him up there with not only Rodney Monroe, but also with Hawkeye Whitney and Kenny Carr.  He is at least in the top ten since I started seriously watching NC State basketball in the mid 1970s.
  • 1984Met1984Met Posts: 60
    I will also give my thumbs up for him as a good color man on the radio.  Think he should consider that in the future whenever the opportunity arises on Wolfpack Radio.
  • redwolf87redwolf87 Posts: 9
    Texpack said:
    He will be forever a legend in Houston for his shutdown of sir Charles Barkley during the Rockets '95 championship run
    Is this why Sir Charles used to trash him at every opportunity?
    redwolf87 said:
    Texpack said:
    Probably. That Rockets team was Akeem, Clyde, and the CBA All-Stars. Chucky’s job was to get In Barkley’s head and he did. Game five in particular he held him scoreless in the second half. 
    Texpack said:
    redwolf87 said:
    Texpack said:
    Probably. That Rockets team was Akeem, Clyde, and the CBA All-Stars. Chucky’s job was to get In Barkley’s head and he did. Game five in particular he held him scoreless in the second half. 
    Pardon my lack of BB acumen....but what is CBA?  College Basketball Allstars?  Columbia Broadcasting Assholes?  Thanks 
    Continental Basketball Association. The former name of the G League
    Texpack said:
    Continental Basketball Association. The former name of the G League
    Thanks