Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

NBA Draft Exodus

Nassir Little declares for pros. Expected to be drafted in the lottery. 

Comments

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 858
    Nassir is trying to strike while the iron is hot.  Hard to believe he won McDonald's AA MVP over Zion and that many thought he was a better recruit than Zion.
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 657
    I saw that. Obviously, it’s what the kid wants to do versus going to college. There’s nothing wrong with that at all, but I would be surprised if he takes academics seriously since he is all in on this option.
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 377
    choppack1 said:
    I saw that. Obviously, it’s what the kid wants to do versus going to college. There’s nothing wrong with that at all, but I would be surprised if he takes academics seriously since he is all in on this option.
    Don't know the kid, but makes you wonder.  Then again, you just need to double up on tutors for the fall semester to make sure he's eligible for the entire season.  Sad way to approach things, but it seems to me that if you roll with one and dones, that the price you pay.
  • Tau837Tau837 Posts: 65
    Lecque seems like a second rounder if he enters the NBA draft this season, unless he absolutely blows away pre-draft workouts. Second rounder is nothing to sneeze at, but he is an example of a guy who theoretically could elevate his stock in a meaningful way with one season in college.
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 767PFN Referee
    I would expect Lecque to run with the Pack for a year. Makes sense for him to explore his options and to get feedback. I don't think any of the current NBA mocks has him going in the first round most don't even have him in the second iirc. 

Either way I hope he gets good information and advice and does not only hear or get fed what he (or anyone else with his opportunities) wants to hear. 
    I'm with 83.  He's already a year older so there may be thinking that he's not going to improve as much.

I suspect pro teams look at him and tell him that he needs to improve his 3 point shooting.  He'd seemingly need to improve that regardless of whether his aspirations are playing in the NBA or overseas.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,565PFN Referee
    I wish Devon Daniels would declare
  • 13OT13OT Posts: 52
    For Poland or Russia? I’ll second that.

• freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 767PFN Referee
    I think there is still hope for Daniels. Coach Keatts might be able to help him like he did Allerik. 
    Daniels played much more under control as the season progressed.  His role adjusted as the season wore on and he adjusted with it.  He always gave max effort and pulled out a few games for us.  His attitude seemed good.  I don’t get the dislike....
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,311
    ryebread said:
    Daniels played much more under control as the season progressed.  His role adjusted as the season wore on and he adjusted with it.  He always gave max effort and pulled out a few games for us.  His attitude seemed good.  I don’t get the dislike....
    The frustration is from those possessions where you can tell he’s going to shoot when he’s 75 feet from the basket whether there are one, two, or three defenders on him at the time of the shot. His shot selection was horrific at times. His defense was usually good and he was disruptive most of the time. I agree that you can coach that out of guys. 
  • 44rules44rules Posts: 275
    Yeah, I know this is a fan site for us to blow steam, but I hate to see such shade thrown at teens and 20-somethings wearing our colors. He fought hard. Didn't always make the smartest play, but hey, I bet he did better than I would have - even if I wasn't sitting at the bar with a beer.
    It was meant to be humorous.  The kid didn't seem to get burned on defense but on the offensive side of the ball he seemingly had a green light for all kinds of dumb shit.  That's on KK who left him in there to piss away multiple possessions in seemingly every single game.
    TAT. - I liked his effort. To me, it was a speed of the game at this level. Going from the PAC 10 and West Coast to the ACC and the south is like going from minors to the majors.

He and Harris both need to settle. As a matter of fact, I think everyone on the team with exception of MJ, Funderburke and Bryce needs to settle down a bit. I think the one thing all of the teams I watched play (with the exception of Duke) did really well was move the ball. Our guys at times tried too hard to score rather than find the best shot.
  • 13OT13OT Posts: 52
    The shot selection thing isn’t just Daniels, it’s the entire team. That to me is more on the coaches than on the players.
    Amen 13OT. 
  • 13OT said:
    The shot selection thing isn’t just Daniels, it’s the entire team. That to me is more on the coaches than on the players.
    Totally agree.
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 377
    I like Daniels for the reasons mentioned, but agree that he can get a little carried away at times on offense (like Harris, especially in the last game).  They remind me of the young pup, full of energy and ready to take on the world.  Unfortunately, while you enjoy that, sometimes you look down and realize they've pissed all over your shoes.

I expect a step forward for them, and particularly Daniels, next year.
    13OT:  I agree regarding shot selection.  Many players had that issue, enough such that it is coaching.
  • RickRick Posts: 1,330PFN Referee

KK excels at team building. His teams all buy into what he wants.

Where KK needs to improve is on the strategy and tactics. When he came in he was moving up several weight classes. We have to hope he is smart and flexible enough to see what he has to learn and have the ability to learn it.

But none of this will matter if he cannot improve the recruiting....

ryebread said:
    13OT:  I agree regarding shot selection.  Many players had that issue, enough such that it is coaching.
    I am a big believer that selfish play breeds more selfish play. Watching the NCAA it was fun to see so many teams effectively sharing the ball. We did that for a while...don’t know what happened.
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 978
    Coby White gone
    Wulfpack said:
    Coby White gone
    thank goodness.. that kid could ball
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 978
    Morant gone from Murray State. No surprise there as expected to be a top 3 pick.