Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

HOLY PILES OF STINKY FECES - SYLVIA HATCHELL & STAFF SUSPENDED - NOT 4/1/19 JOKE

AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,286
edited April 1 in Wolfpack Sports
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-suspends-women-s-basketball-staff-begins-review-of-program/18298466/

Does this mean we get back our FIRST LOSS?

Other media outlets reporting.  Don't think, IF I were BUBBA, that I would have done this today.  Tomorrow....OK....

Wonder if this means that Michael Avenatti DID have some dirt on Nike and that the lid was gonna blow and UNC was going to blow and ORW would be the FIRST to be SWATTED with DOJ and SS and FBI in full battle regalia?  Wow.....gotta switch to "Non-Paranoid" drinks....

Meanwhile, back to our regularly scheduled program schedule....

Comments

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 697
    Nothing is touching the cash cow, at least not if UNC can help it.  They'd sacrifice football and women's basketball in a second to protect men's basketball.
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 323
    Not sure what has gone on exactly, but now that both the Men's and Women's teams are done, apparently it is okie dokie to review the culture. 

Sure seems like this a good way to remove a HOF women's coach, "clean up", and tell new recruits that they are now "Open for Business under New Management". 

Oh well, I am sure they will find a few qualified scapegoats if they're spending this kind of money.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,464PFN Referee
    edited April 1
    ...like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

and everyone will *wink wink* and say the bleeding has stopped!
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,464PFN Referee
    fool me once...
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 202
    So, the initial broadside in a complete men's and women's BB investigation (LOL)?
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,235
    Apparently Culture < Agriculture after all
  • wolfpackdawgwolfpackdawg Posts: 16
    Nice that they waited until now...fock em.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,286
    You gotta wonder about this whole thing.  Hiring a “firm” to investigate.  Timing of it.  “Allegations” from student athletes and other parties.  Who pushed that little snowball off the mountain?  Why did they do it?

Bubba will have perfect cover.  Wonder if this is a preemptive move so that if the “pay to sign” mess gets slung around, then UNC can show the body of Sylvia being loaded on the boat at the Fearrington dock of Jordan Lake and then being saturated with kerosene and lit as it is pushed out into the channel.

Word on the well informed UNC insiders street is “wow....where’d THAT come from”?
  • MikePack89MikePack89 Posts: 92
    ryebread said:
    Nothing is touching the cash cow, at least not if UNC can help it.  They'd sacrifice football and women's basketball in a second to protect men's basketball.
    Yes they would but I have a hard time believing men are not next.  Somehow they will slide but IF they bring the allegations against the ladies how can they not against the men?  

The men had far more instances than the women - and football too though I am not sure I want them to fix football.  Fine just the way it is!
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 669PFN Referee
    The carowhina way. Try to hide the cheating in a minority studies discipline and sacrifice the women first.
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 669PFN Referee
    18-15 will they be investigating why they did not get their monies worth?
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 877
    Definitely sounds more like a culture/potential harassment case. 
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 697
    Wulfpack said:
    I’m with you there.  I doubt it is related to the obvious cheating.
    Wulfpack said:
    Wonder why they didn’t retain the services of former NC Gov Bev Purdue?  That would be in keeping with the “other” investigation that they did.

HBBC KK better hope that the “two athletes in the transfer portal” is not the new criteria for FULL FLEDGED DEEP DIVE INVESTIGATION.

Obviously the approaching cold front that that will potentially bring snow flakes to the area today has, figuratively, already done so in Chapel Hill.

Last time UNC players complained, A D Dick (Lee Fowler is my hero) Baddour up and fired a coach....of course Dean had already been recruiting and thought he could reel in ORW.

The ONE interesting factoid, glossed over by the sports media....  HWBBC Sylvia has “commented and released a statement” VIA HER ATTORNEY.  Wonder if she knew that Bubba and company had purchased torches and tar and feathers and pitchforks as well as night vision equipment....?
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,235
    Not enough dementia medication available for both Mack and Sylvia.  Had to make a choice between the two.
  • Pack78Pack78 Posts: 202
    So why does the world seem to think that lawyers are required as investigators...good at hiding what the PTB do not want found?
  • RickRick Posts: 1,228PFN Referee
    I do not understand what they are saying happened. Is this an extension of their cheating or something else?
    Rick said:
    I do not understand what they are saying happened. Is this an extension of their cheating or something else?
    Rick,

You have to ferret through the articles and also the "stories" on TV.  WRAL NOW has their Talking Heads (OAT) doing a synopsis.  Last night's sports stories were....

>>At least TWO players have entered the "Transfer Portal" and there are OTHERS potentially.

>>Player comments prompted the investigation.....which were serious enough to do the "Paid Leave - Administrative Suspension"

>>OTHER parties (Parents?) have expressed concerns over the "CLIMATE" of the program

>>Sylvia's ATTORNEY quickly got out "HER" statement and that is the ONLY comment.

>>Initial reports were that the ENTIRE Women's BB Staff was suspended.  NOPE....only the THREE "floor coaching Assistants" and HWBBC Hatchell.

>>The UNC insiders, who really DO know the pulsebeat, were blindsided.  THEY are calling folks asking...."WTF is GOING ON?".  A trusted source got absolutely NO info when he inquired.  This individual DOES have Bubba's Cell and PERSONAL email....so he ain't no WM Board Monkey....

>>Bubba AIN'T TALKING.  I think that it is former Chanc ChiChi's doing.  She stirred up this mess when she got fired.....Silent Sam was only the "Subterfuge"....Attacking the Sports Cabal was her target....

https://abc11.com/sports/unc-puts-womens-basketball-staff-on-leave-pending-program-review/5228980/

NOW, that is the Roo Reports synopsis.....as always....we report (sometimes with a little bias) and YOU decide...
    I would love to she her attack the sports cabal but I cannot imagine that will be successful.
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 546
    Rick - that’s not going to happen. This is just UNC-Ch’s way of making sure NCAA goes quietly. Hatchell’s a team player and the rest of the media has moved on from the AFAM studies scandal.
    choppack1 said:
     Hatchell’s a team player and the rest of the media has moved on from the AFAM studies scandal.

Which is why I have moved on from college sports.

• GowolvesGowolves Posts: 226
    Here we go again
    Gowolves said:
    Here we go again

Your comments are all about me. If you want to respond to the threads we would love to have your contribution. If you want to continue focusing on me I will delete your post. 

• SamIamSamIam Posts: 157
    Why is this interesting?  It's like watching a dear friend start to fall off the wagon again.....Look away, put the bottle down, don't fall for it.  UNC's men's basketball will never be punished, that's old news.  Please don't let this excite you that this will somehow lead to investigations staring Mr. Roy Williams and the greatest show to be broadcast on ESPN other than Zion.  Ship has sailed, they won.
  • Cape_LobosCape_Lobos Posts: 7
    Again, thanks to all of you for providing pretty much the entirety of what sportsball related information I intentionally glean. I'd rather chew my fingers off than provide a single click to the N & O, and the local outposts of the fourth estate appear to be  employers of last resort for malaprop UNC types. I've been pretty squeamish about college ath-uhhhh-letics for decades and was just barely able to stomach wolfie football and ACC basketball, but the NCAA boycott put paid to my ever willingly putting a single shekel in the pockets of the vermin that run that circus. Pretty frigging amazing, considering that I quite literally spent most of my first four years living on the WFU (back when it was in, you know, Wake Forest) and UNC campuses, and roamed the Brickyard back when we were giants (Lou! Buckeys! David T slays the red haired giant!), but now I wouldn't watch the Final Four if they held it in my backyard.

It's not all doom and gloom, though. I now have a subscription to F1TV, so ESPN can go to Hell. Cut your cable...die ESPN,die. And drag the NCAA to Hell with you.

Rick, as was once said, "I feel your pain.".
This discussion has been closed.