Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

NFL owners to vote on 4th Q Rule Change

The Broncos have proposed a rule that would give teams an alternative option to the onside kick. Instead of trying to recover an onside kick, teams would have the option of attempting to convert a fourth-and-15 play from their own 35-yard line. If they get the 15 yards, they get a first down and keep possession of the ball. If they don't get the 15 yards, the other team would take over possession from wherever the play ended. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-will-vote-on-wild-fourth-quarter-rule-change-that-competition-committee-seems-to-like/

Comments

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,293
    This is the AAF rule currently 
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,529PFN Referee
    sounds awful to me.. but probably safer for the players though which will carry some weight
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,135PFN Referee
    better than the "no chance" onside kick under the current rules
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,465
    The NBA has created a "OK....HAIL MARY....YOU can win set of rules and mess".  That is MHO....

Add this one in.  Why not just flip a coil or required all the O-L to drop pants and the team with the longest total inches (hanging) of manhood wins....

This is ONLY to keep fans from clicking the remotes and not seeing the final Bud or "Buy a NEW car" ad....or maybe order a Pizza.

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,135PFN Referee
    20-sided dice roll!
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,529PFN Referee
    It just seems wrong.. another step to remove kickoffs (which I get).. but onside kicks, even converting at a 1 out of 10 clip in recent years are still exciting plays in the game