Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Ncsu wrestling surprise surprise refs make an appearance

freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 752PFN Referee
Hidlay has his match stolen by the refs unbelievable.

Comments

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 361
    I read it was overturned.  Did you watch?  Was it a time or out of bounds call?
  • coyotejoecoyotejoe Posts: 24
    While the refs were reviewing it, the announcers kept watching the replay and stated they didn't see how it could be overturned.  Even Nolf admitted in his post-match interview that it was a take-down, and was surprised that it was overturned.
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 752PFN Referee
    edited March 24
    I watched the same thing as coyotejoe. It was towards the end of first period near the middle of the mat. They reversed the call on the mat put three seconds back on the clock so it was not timing. They just said he didn't get the two point take down. If they needed indisputable video evidence to overturn a call I don't get it. Hidlay lost by one point and Nolf did not get the escape point before the period ended the first time around. 

https://gfycat.com/tancluelesshalibut
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 361
    Not totally sure on current rules, but I could see how they might say that he didn't "cover the leg".

A buddy of mine was (academic) all-american wrestler at Purdue and he will know the answer, hopefully.