Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

ESPN Tournament Bracket Challenge

PackPACPackPAC Posts: 212
edited March 21 in Wolfpack Sports
I started a bracket for all of us here at packfansnation over on espn.  Group name PackFans, password Wolfpack, all are invited.

Comments

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,052PFN Referee
    Thanks, good sir. I had to struggle to come up with an original formulation from my other brackets, but lo and behold, Duke and three 6 seeds. A devil of a bracket, you might say. :D
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 877
    Buffalo, Nova and Iowa State? I have Nova and Iowa State going far as well (though not quite that far). 

yup. Nova ended up making it in lots of mine, I always get burned riding the Cyclones wave, and I think Buffalo is actually pretty good.
    The Marquette/Murray State matchup is racking my brain. 
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 323
    Wulfpack said:
    Same here.  Feel I should pick Murray State, but having a hard time pulling the trigger.  As I write this, maybe it's memories of 88 coming back.  
  • PackPACPackPAC Posts: 212
    Thanks for joining in guys.  When I really take my time and read the info on the teams I seem to always come up with Duke.  My hate for UNC makes me want to pick them out early but as much as I hate it, they're probably going to the final four.  Still benefiting from decades of cheating.
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,464PFN Referee
    going to try and remember to join in the morning thanks for setting this up
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 697
    I hate it, but my bracket looks pretty blue..........  
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,235
    Wulfpack said:
    Same here.  Feel I should pick Murray State, but having a hard time pulling the trigger.  As I write this, maybe it's memories of 88 coming back.  
    Go alphabetical.. I won a pool the year Arizona won the Natty by picking games that way.
    Joined. 

I hate it, but my bracket looks pretty blue..........  

ugh mine too

The group link for those who are lazy (added to first post as well):

• GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 323
    3 brackets.  One each for Duke, UNC, and UVA.

So between Bennett and Barnes, one of them doesn't have to underachieve this year, right???
    The hard thing is figuring out the "pot odds"/game theory angle. I have Duke winning or making the final almost every time, just have to hope enough U*NC fans can't bear to pick them. I don't see a bonkers champion out there to win with.
    Aubie escapes. 
  • SonofWilkinSonofWilkin Posts: 37
    Possibility of a Duke x UNC Final?!?  How many of yall picked it happening?
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 697
    I couldn’t bring myself to do it, but admit it is a likely scenario.
  • WolfWiz11WolfWiz11 Posts: 160
    I chose Dook in one, MSU in another. I just can't bring myself to choose UNX. I would rather die. Which is saying a lot because they always have a cakewalk region. And lo and behold, both Kansas and Kentucky haven't been their usual dominant selves this year.
    I have Sparty bouncing Duke. 
    edited March 22
    I did it.. it was sickening

If that actually comes to pass can you imagine the drooling media hype.. Dickie V probably would throw himself down a flight of stairs for that.
    I'm in 4th place after day #1!  Woo!

Do some of yall have multiple brackets in there lol??
    #1, bitches!! My best entry is 2nd in the office pool, even. I honestly didn't think I was doing well, but I did always have UC-Irvine and Minny-SEW-ta
    I'm in 4th place after day #1!  Woo!

Do some of yall have multiple brackets in there lol??
    I mean . . . it said the limit was 25! and you gotta have an upset bracket  :D
  • GowolvesGowolves Posts: 226
    Here is the question. Do you dislike people who submit multiple entries or is that ok with you? I enter the office pool every year and others. I only submit one per contest.
  • GowolvesGowolves Posts: 226
    edited March 23
    Can’t stand the family of 5 with 10 entries.  Have some confidence 
    Gowolves said:
    Here is the question. Do you dislike people who submit multiple entries or is that ok with you? I enter the office pool every year and others. I only submit one per contest.
    Well, my office pool is $10 per bracket, so I only submitted one. But I'm in a few friendly brackets and they allowed multiple entries and most ppl submitted two. So, I guess it's different folks, different strokes. But, if the person who created the pool didn't want that, they would have limited it, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯