Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

BC Game thread: Final regular season matchup

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,777PFN Referee
Last game before heading into the ACC tournament with things seemingly trending downward for this team.  Not exactly the form you want to be in going into post season play.

I'll "force watch" this one I reckon and cheer on the Pack regardless, but what a crappy game this sets up to be.

Comments

• WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,288
    Must win (obviously). 
  • RickRick Posts: 1,447PFN Referee
    I don't plan to watch it. I am tired of watching the lousy defense this team plays
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,598
    edited March 7
    May I suggest, as an appropriate musical interlude....

Please note the smile on the hound dog’s face....same as the one that Mr. Wuf has....despite the score...

https://youtu.be/ZAAKPJEq1Ew

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,042
    Must win.  Get it done, even if by a point.  I fully expect us to roll though.  It is just the type of thing that we’ll do — look great on the road once the pressure is off.
  • GsoPackBackerGsoPackBacker Posts: 452
    Traveling to the Boston area for a 3-day weekend.  I even packed an NC State shirt.  Let's hope I can wear it with pride. 
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,508PFN Referee
    hey, at least the pain will be over early this weekend.  Everton at 10a, NC State at 2p.  Plenty of time to read.
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 290
    I applaud all of you and wander why I ever had expectations.  Now when I say expectations I do not mean I expect an acc championship.  Hell, we are now the only acc member institution not to have won a acc championship in major sports in 20 years.  twenty years, only school.  But I expect things like....beating shitty wake forest in football  ESPECIALLY AT HOME, I expect to beat wake forest in basketball, I expect to score more than 24 points in a basketball game and I sure as hell expect to stop a kid from going end line to end line winning the game on a dunk.  Think about that, what crap show allows that to happen??? ever?????  I hope to get to a point where I can just simply enjoy the guys in red and white play.  Take simple pleasure in the sport itself and winning is just an added good feeling because being competitive is something nc state barely is (and I say that trying to be nice).  
  • BasspackerBasspacker Posts: 144
    I'm to the point I don't care anymore.  The entertainment factor is not there anymore.  The stress and anger usually generated by watching is just not worth another Saturday or 3 hours of my life. Guess I've finally come to the realization that NC State basketball will never ever again be relevant in my lifetime.  Even Charlie Brown finally refused to try and kick the football....right?
  • jppackattackjppackattack Posts: 168
    I’m going to go out on a limb and say BC won’t lose to us on their home court on senior day. I’m pretty sure we’re the only team that does that sort of thing. On a somewhat related note, if you haven’t already, check out the SEC Stories episode on Pete Maravich - very interesting story and worth the watch for any basketball fan. And there’s an interesting tie-in with NC State / Raleigh when Press was coaching, that I didn’t know much about.
    We can still salvage some level of respectability if we beat BC and Clemson. Is that too much to ask? I sure as hell hope not. 

I really did think we were in line to have a pretty good season. This team is disappointing us. 
    again, I note the Lesser Footy term, which applies well to all sport - Second Season Syndrome.

The key is how one adjusts and moves forward in Season Three.
    again, I note the Lesser Footy term, which applies well to all sport - Second Season Syndrome.

The key is how one adjusts and moves forward in Season Three.

Season 3

We have an eighth place team in the ACC with size and shooting issues.
    We add two recruits, one of which is highly ranked and wants to go to the NBA.
    We lose Dorn and possibly MJ and who knows who else.

Does that sound like a team that will make a big jump?
    That's on Coach Keatts to make it happen.  I'm not in the predicting business here, just saying Season Three is crucial, Season Four is otherwise make or break.
    I agree season 3 is key. I am just not seeing how we improve significant given its at best the same team
  • statwolf81statwolf81 Posts: 14
    really?  You don't think guys will improve as they get older?  I think that hurts us now is inconsistency.  An older team that has played together longer should be more consistent.  
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 290
    TWENTY SIX (26) YEARS since NC State Basketball, Baseball or Football has won or even shared a regular season title or won a conference championship.  That is beyond sad especially when you consider we're the only one in the ACC to have this distinguished record!!!!!!!!!

Packthetic
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 1,042
    edited March 8
    That's on Coach Keatts to make it happen.  I'm not in the predicting business here, just saying Season Three is crucial, Season Four is otherwise make or break.
    I don't think season 4 is make or break because I don't know that the time is as defined with this hire.  I think KK is here until the shoe falls on the NCAA things.
  • PackzingoPackzingo Posts: 67
    edited March 8
    Interesting comments regarding future expectations.....  this disturbs me: teams normally improve from Dec to March, especially teams that are young or new.  We went from a ranking of 16th? (even though it was unjustified) to losing at HOME TO GT [corrected].  To me, that falls squarely on the COACHES, assistant and head coaches......
    ryebread said:
    I don't think season 4 is make or break because I don't know that the time is as defined with this hire.  I think KK is here until the shoe falls on the NCAA things.
    that is also true, but I will give up even moderate expectations if nothing happens by Season Four.  The negative recruiting/vortex of doom will start.
    ryebread said:
    I don't think season 4 is make or break because I don't know that the time is as defined with this hire.  I think KK is here until the shoe fallsv on the NCAA things.
    that is also true, but I will give up even moderate expectations if nothing happens by Season Four.  The negative recruiting/vortex of doom will start.

It sense like it's already started. We have two recruits from this year and two coming in for next year. That seems low.

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,598
    Now, now.....

see previous.....Gloom, Despair and Agony on Wolfpack
    Clearing sticking comments box...
    SamIam said:
    TWENTY SIX (26) YEARS since NC State Basketball, Baseball or Football has won or even shared a regular season title or won a conference championship.  That is beyond sad especially when you consider we're the only one in the ACC to have this distinguished record!!!!!!!!!

Packthetic
    Yea, but there is always bass fishing. 
  • Bass fishing, rifle shooting, wrestling, swimming/diving, etc.  Just nothing that pays any bills.
  • 44rules44rules Posts: 304
    Yeah, JP, my Mom went to Broughton a few years before Pete. Word is Pete would have come to N.C. State and been coached by his Dad, but his grades weren't good enough. They were probably good enough if he had wanted to go to UNC, though.

But hey, we got Norm Sloan, TT&B and a natty a few years later.