Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

2019 ACC Tournament - Pack Game Thread(s) too!

WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 671
edited March 9 in Wolfpack Sports
It looks State and Clemson are primed to meet in Charlotte in the ACC Tournament on Wednesday, March 13 at noon. Winner would draw the top seed, which is currently UVa, on Thursday, March 14 at 12:30. 

Comments

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll PFN Referee Posts: 1,360
    edited March 2
    Thanks for getting this started!  I don't look for Pack to make too much noise, but UVa would probably represent our best last chance at grabbing a quality win.  Playing Duke or UNC again doesn't seem favorable.  Got to win game #1 first though, of course.
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 671
    I think it is going to be UVa who closes with Cuse and Lville. 
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 199
    Another noon game.  I’ll have to find a brewery that opens at 9am, get hammered and stumble to the tournament.
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 PFN Referee Posts: 1,894
    Thanks for getting this started!  I don't look for Pack to make too much noise, but UVa would probably represent our best last chance at grabbing a quality win.  Playing Duke or UNC again doesn't seem favorable.  Got to win game #1 first though, of course.
    agreed, plus losing to Wahoowa wouldn't make me "blackout drunk" angry
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,118
    We have a better chance against UVA than we do against either Dook or the Cheats assuming Zion plays. 
    It’s not the style we want to play, especially following what will be a tough game against Clemson on less than 24 hrs rest. 
    Louisville’s win over ND today makes it academic - we’re in the 8/9 game. 
  • statwolf81statwolf81 Posts: 14
    Almost. We could still get 7 seed. We need to win out. Then we need Syracuse to lose out. We then need Louisville to beat uva. So small chance for all that to happen but not impossible. 
    Cuse has UVa and Clemson. If they win one of those it is academic. Lville gets the tie breaker over us if they were to lose at UVa and we win out. Cuse would get the tie breaker over Lville as they won their only meeting. 
  • statwolf81statwolf81 Posts: 14
    edited March 3
    agreed. That is why I said Syracuse has to lose out for us to have any chance. 
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 PFN Referee Posts: 1,894
    I'm not sure 7 seed is really any better for us.
    I'm not sure 7 seed is really any better for us.
    Agreed because we’d play the winner of the 10/15 which does zero for your resume. Then you get the 2 seed. 
    State vs Clemson - book it. 
    UVa and Lville are in a tight game in the second half. If UVa wins they will lock up the number 1 seed, and would be our opponent on Thursday of we are fortunate enough to beat Clemson. If UVa loses and Duke beats UNC tonight, then we’d draw Duke. 
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,113
    I DO like to cheer for a team dressed in RED....so I GUESS that is what I will do.  Thanks for the tip on the game.  Been puttering (or Piddlin' as DW calls it) around the house since the STATE games were over....
    Should we use this thread for the game thread(s) also?  Whatchyall think?
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,113
    If there is a POLL.....YES.  Makes it simpler.  

FWIW.....The Raleigh Cl has Session 1 (that is Wednesday noon and 2:00 pm) ACC Ducats for $45.  Face, FWIW, is $60.  There MAY be others that are being peddled by the folks that want $5K for a book....and are catering to the overly wealthy, ultra elites of Durham and Orange County.....

NO anetodial evidence, other than some well honed street smarts, that they MIGHT be sold by some of the finer examples of the "persecuted" classes....which also have various other venues for relaxation....of the "companionship variety" or the "recreational chemical" area.  I would suggest a public place....close to an LEO station, for exchange....

Seriously....I was surprised when I just looked at the diversity of the prices.  You never know....  

edited March 9
    Banner is up for our game against Clemson!  We're coming in hobbled and everybody's corrupt as all get out, but dang it, it's hard not to get excited about tournament time.
    UVa clinches yet another ACC regular season title. Their 4th in 6 years. 
    Wulfpack said:
    UVa clinches yet another ACC regular season title. Their 4th in 6 years. 
    This is the best line up of the bracket for us. 
  • ^ Agree!
    Disagree. 
    Playing UVa on less than 24 hrours rest when they are fresh - no thanks. And our game against Clemson will be no cake walk. 
    Wulfpack said:
    Playing UVa on less than 24 hrours rest when they are fresh - no thanks. And our game against Clemson will be no cake walk. 
    Playing UVA with house money is way better than facing Dook or the Cheaters