Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Comments

• choppack1choppack1 Posts: 622
    He played an awesome game too.
  • 4in124in12 Posts: 124
    I'm one of those guys that usually watches the ball during a game. I watched Joe instead of the ball for a while and realized what a complicated blocking scheme the Pats use. He was running all over the field!
  • GreywolfGreywolf Posts: 395
    4in12 said:
    I'm one of those guys that usually watches the ball during a game. I watched Joe instead of the ball for a while and realized what a complicated blocking scheme the Pats use. He was running all over the field!
    I did the same -- watched Joe Thuney. Yes, quite unbelievable blocking schemes. On one pass play Joe pulled from LG to block the right-side defensive tackle. I'm thinking, 'where's he going?' just before he straightened the tackle up and Brady completed the pass. I'm used to watching DTs stunt to confuse OLs but not OLs to confuse defenses.

Brady and Gronkowski both said in separate interviews "without Thuney we wouldn't be in the Super Bowl." 

Thuney wasn't alone in this effort. Donald was shifted around. Super Sacker Donald didn't get a whiff of Brady that I saw. On some run plays Thuney would block a lineman, then a backer, then you'd see him downfield blocking or ready to block a DB.
  • GreywolfGreywolf Posts: 395
    I hope HS OLs were watching Thuney -- and Bradbury during the draft. Could be others. Wanna start as a rookie in the NFL? Go to NC State and learn how to block.

Thuney is quick mentally as well. He can solve the Rubic cube in less than 90 seconds.