Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

State Blows It

Nothing went right for NC State on Saturday.

The Wolfpack only scored 24 points in a historically poor scoring effort against Florida State. During the game, NC State attempted to recognize Wolfpack legend and NBA Hall of Famer David Thompson in the stands. Instead, it aired a picture of Ernie Meyers, another former NC State player.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/nc-state-mistakes-nba-hall-of-famer-david-thompson-for-other-wolfpack-alum-ncaa-basketball-news/7fdb5grzv3vo1kdz5j9zjd1nl

Comments

• AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    Yes....

But at least they corrected it and if you were there, you saw a smiling (I remember that smile) David Thompson.  He also looked very fit and healthy.  That was a nice thing based on what had been posted on here about his issues.

Pity he was not our good luck charm today 
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 811PFN Referee
    FSU? 
  • SamIamSamIam Posts: 255
    FSU? 
    All sorts of wrong here.
  • RickRick Posts: 1,394PFN Referee
    The national mockery we are receiving from this is awful.
    I hope this doesn't start a death spiral
  • TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,413
    Rick said:
    The national mockery we are receiving from this is awful.
    I hope this doesn't start a death spiral
    START a death spiral?  We crashed yesterday. Tuesday will be 8 grades of ugly. 
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    Comment on HBBC KK.  Was watching “Wolfpack Hustle” last night...the one recorded after the VaTech fiasco.

I finally realized that he hires assistants to compliment his personality and approach.  He is mostly optimistic.  His comments at his responsibility to the players and their family at the beginning of the show was very enlightening and positive.

Later on, you see segments of him in the huddle and locker room and on the V arena court...finally the VaTech halftime locker room shot.  One or maybe BOTH of the assistants are “assertively critiquing” Beverly and others for a few minutes.  THEN HBBC KK does his numbers routine and pep talk.  Never hit me that he hires assistants that ther the BAD COP and he maintains his GOOD COP persona.

Could be totally off base.....but that is what it looked like to me and DW and we reran that segment and then looked at the whole show with a different slant.

He also, I think, asked the media to not put up the whole game or even segments.  He made the decision NOT to review the game with the team as nothing useful would come of it or maybe worse....

I cannot argue with that approach.  Sometimes just totally forgetting the past and moving on ismthe best....
  • KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,331PFN Referee
    at least I made a little money betting VPI would lose their next game, after a strange win like that.