Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Ranking State's Buzzer Beaters

Vawolf82Vawolf82 Posts: 254PFN Referee
Backing the Pack ranks the seven buzzer beaters that State has had so far this decade.   The key point is that they have embedded a video clip for each one.

https://www.backingthepack.com/2019/1/27/18199790/ranking-nc-states-buzzer-beaters

PS - Beverly's shot on Sat ranks #2 on this list.

Comments

• ryebreadryebread Posts: 788
    I read this article and am glad you posted it.  Some quick thoughts:
    1) The fact that we needed buzzer beaters to beat a lot of those weak teams tells you a lot about the state of our program over the last 15-20 years.

2) The fact that we didn't have a single buzzer beater against a better opponent tells you we're not "punching up" and upsetting people.  Ditto to the point about where our program has been.

3) The fact that we're not ranked in most of those games tells you about the state of our program the last 20 years................

4) The fact that Sid's play was a miracle baseball pass, and that it actually worked tells you a lot about his coaching, and how bad the opponent was.

5) Almost all of those teams had players I'd swap with our roster right now.  We are doing more with less talent.

6) The fact that I felt the same way about Clemson (oh my god we might lose at home to Clemson) that I previously felt about a High Point tells you just how much progress we've made in the past 21 months.