Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

Clemson Game Thread

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
edited January 25 in Wolfpack Sports
1-2 on the road trip without Markell makes this is a much needed game in the friendly confines of PNC Arena.  Any chance at an NCAA tourney appearance likely hinges on Johnson's return ASAP.  If his injury lingers for a couple more weeks or more I think we begin the shift into "wait till next season" mode.

The Tigers are beatable without him, however, and I suspect we'll be about 4 point favorites at least come Saturday (assuming he misses the game).

Thus it feels like Clemson becomes a critical game which we need to put in the W column.

Comments

• We made the trip to Raleigh.  Hope we see some good basketball instead of what I listened to on the radio last night.  Not interested in watching a turnover/foul fest.
  • WulfpackWulfpack Posts: 1,039
    Need to win this one with what we have ahead. Clemson always seems to muck it up so hopefully we can force the tempo. 
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 948
    Feels like a must win kind of game.  I think we’ll get it done.
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 687
    It does, doesn’t it? Hopefully, we can get Markell some minutes and get dubya.
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,517
    Often wondered.....if the consonant, "W" is supposed (per my days at WRAL and WKNC) to be pronounced Double U, then why does the letter look like it should be pronounced Double V.  Would have been much simpler as UU....

Local media are speculating on Tre coming in some for Mikey.....NO WORD (hopefully part of a cagey strategy) from HBBC KK on Markell.  I don't remember him even saying.....will be Game Day call.....

Some of the other sites or perhaps blogs have commented that a "Bruised Bone" is a highly subjective term and that the severity can not be medically evaluated.  It is a more of "Pain or Discomfort" level quantification from the patient.   IT should be noted that that poster was NOT a doctor, but was married to one....MD or PhD?....did not specify, but Dr. Google seems to be of the same opinion.

Markell, if I read the comments or listened, is taking shots in practice, but not running or participating and is receiving therapy, in addition to cortisone injections.

If that was posted here and that is where I read it, I give full credit and apologize to the poster for not including his name....and also for repeating information or crossing "posting borders".
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,650PFN Referee
    Vegas has us 5 point favorites.  Pat on the back for my 4 point favorite prediction yesterday.  Line will shift if MJ plays.
  • choppack1choppack1 Posts: 687
    Roo - that’s my impression as well. 
    edited January 26
    MJ upgraded from questionable to "game time decision" and seen warming up before the game today.
    He's not in the starting lineup...
    Thanks Troll.  At home today as DW & Dghtr at game.

if he plays, regardless of outcome, that will top my “best news of the day” post about Archie Miller’s record at IU.

• TexpackTexpack Posts: 1,413
    Looked like TV Teddy was on the floor at Dook which is good for our game
    edited January 26
    Duke down by 8 or so early in H2.  TVTV calls time out and reads text.  Significant over whistling on GT and under whistling on Duke.

Did not get a good lock on the phone to determine if it was Swoff’s or Mikey’s.

Duke prevails by 13....
    edited January 26
    Local affiliate had the Pack listed. Then Pitt game came on. Stuck with the stream. 
    Texpack said:
    Local affiliate had the Pack listed. Then Pitt game came on. Stuck with the stream. 
    Hell the folks in Pittsburgh probably don't even want to see that
    Fundy shooting 3's still?
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 339
    Should be up 10, bombs away instead 
  • Fastback68Fastback68 Posts: 339
    MJ!!
    There's Markell!
  • PackPACPackPAC Posts: 212
    Sloppy start but here comes Markell!  Hope he's ready.
  • RickRick Posts: 1,394PFN Referee
    Will the absurd foul disparity continue or will the ACC let the refs call it the other way so they can say "I told you so" when they screw us on the blue games.
    Rick said:
    Will the absurd foul disparity continue or will the ACC let the refs call it the other way so they can say "I told you so" when they screw us on the blue games.
    I fear you may be on to something there Rick.
    These announcers are in LOVE with the Tiggers.
    CJ Bryce has really stepped up over the last few games!
  • BasspackerBasspacker Posts: 140
    I really like Bryce....nice role player who can direct the offense and score.
    I guess we looked better while the stream was locked up. 8 point swing