Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

NCSU women's basketball

RickRick PFN Referee Posts: 1,125
If you haven't watched them do yourself a favor and catch a game. They are a very good team. Ranked 13 in the country. They have three really good guards (Leslie, Hunter and Koenig). A 6'5" freshman who can play. They play great defense and smart, fundamental basketball. They are 8-0 after they win today.

Comments

• TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll PFN Referee Posts: 1,360
    Thanks for starting a thread for them.  I been meaning to get over there and catch a game.  Glad to hear they're doing awesome!
  • AdventurooAdventuroo Posts: 1,113
    edited December 2018
    Don’t know if they will break the top ten next week.  Got WAY MORE THAN SLOPPY in Q4 with ODU.  But still a blowout.  Coach Moore happy with the W, but I’ll wager that practice will be. Bit more intense.

BTW,

ND, ranked number 1 is getting their female fannies “molested” by number 2 UofCT.  Gino is back.  Muffet McGraw is not a happy leprechaun 🍀 tonight.

• RickRick PFN Referee Posts: 1,125
    They got sloppy because he was playing his bench. He pulled Konig and Leslie and was playing three freshmen. Smart move. 

You can usually find the games on espn3.

For the older guys, women's basketball is very similar to the basketball I grew up playing and watching. More fundamental and less based on out athleticism the competition. It's also cleaner. Less physical.

• Wes really has "the Pack back" to the glory days. Excellent coach and recruiter. #10 this week.
    That is positively OUTSTANDING....
    Hats off to the Lady Pack.  Today they won on the road at Georgetown.  Now 10-0.  7-0 @ JTV Arena.  2-0 on neutral.  

Did i I mention that they are #4 in the NCAA RPI standings?

C J’s little sister, Kiara, is having a great year, as well as several others.  They DO tend to lose focus when they get a big....like when they were up 17 over GU today.

Might have to do a GoFundMe and buy Wes some Gucci loafers...
    Wes can coach.
    I missed the game due to family time
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 587
    Wes can coach.  There's no question about that.  I like the lady Pack's results and where the program is.  They've come a long ways in a short time.

I agree with Rick that the women's college game is more like the game that the average amateur male has played in.  Note the women's college game is better, but stylistically it is more similar.

Golf's the same way.  While the average female pro is way, way, way, way better than any amateur male is ever going to hope to be, the swing speed and distance is more akin to the "longer" amateur male player.  The LPGA game looks more similar to what I play, even if the ladies are scoring much better and in tougher conditions. 

The same can be said for volleyball as well.  The high level men's game does not relate at all.  The women's game has a lot of back and forth, and is a more enjoyable product for the casual fan.
  • PIRPIR Posts: 65
    edited December 2018
    PIR,

Thanks.  Great article.  Some of the main seems to have returned 
    The ladies play tonight @ 6pm at home against Maine.
    Don't you think a top ten team deserves to be up top like the other two teams?
    STATE versus UofMaine on ESPN3.

Massacre.  I might just SWAT the JTV Arena to protect the ladies from Maine.  Their self esteem is probably lower than Gott’s morals.

50-17....I’ve seen a few blowouts where the score was double at the half....but almost TREBLED?

Ernie Meyers doing the color.

Rick said:
    Don't you think a top ten team deserves to be up top like the other two teams?
    Yeah yeah, you're the 2nd one asking for it.. So for now I think 3 banners at the top of the page is a bit cluttered.  Will revisit after the bowl game, but I've been manually entering the data for the games so it's a bit of work.  ACC play may warrant it however.  We'll see.

Watched the Maine game today.. they beat the brakes off of them.. felt a little bit bad for Maine lol
  • duh... move the banners to the left column.... and write a script that autoloads from the database....

Go Pack!
    duh... move the banners to the left column.... and write a script that autoloads from the database....

Go Pack!
    You tell those whippersnappers how to work the themacabob.
    edited December 2018
    Send me the code, bill.  I'll get it right up.
  • This shouldn't take a independent young man with your skillset but a couple of hours...

The Old School way --

On the backend...
    ... a DB table 10 columns x 40 rows or so...
    ... at page load -- some date/time magic and...
    ... a GETDATA to a formatted JSON array...

On the frontend...
    ... a little HTML/CSS in the left column...

And your JQUERY/JavaScript does the rest... until Tournament time...
    at which time, the DB table will definitely need some new rows for both Men's and Womens's Basketball...

Plus Wolfpack Baseball...

GO PACK!
    Ladies are up by 14 @ half against Chattanooga.  Wes Moore was probably the most successful WBB coach 

Signed up for ESPN+ so I could watch game on Apple TV.  Video on HD is phenomenally awesome.

Local PbP guys sound like OUR paid announcers.  They kept carrying on about how Wes was smooth as silk with the recruits as well as parents.  Sounded like a cross between Professor Harold Hill And Billy Graham.

They cannot stop talking about how we will be the terror of the ACC this year.
    I hate I missed the game. My wife had a Christmas party with old friends in Rocky Mount.
    The ladies can play.
    The women play Sunday. I will be at the game. My daughter is going to be one of the ball girls. 
  • GowolvesGowolves Posts: 200
    Rick said:
    The women play Sunday. I will be at the game. My daughter is going to be one of the ball girls. 
    Very 😎 
    Rick,

Way above COOL.  Good show
    Thanks guys.
    It's one of the things the women's program does for girls who come to their basketball camp.
    They have been really great. Moore is fantastic.
    Reminder the girls game is at 2 tomorrow